How do you like your gravy?

Local time
9:26 AM
There are different ways of cooking gravy. Some people like having a thick gravy, while others prefer something a bit on the lighter side. Yet still, there are others who don't care for gravy on their food at all. I have heard a couple people say that they do not need to have gravy. Which category do you fall into?

I prefer to have my gravy with some thickness, although it has taken me a while before I eventually succeeded in getting it that way. I do not like my gravy too thin. Also, I think gravy adds a lot of flavour to any dish, so I am not one who like to have my meal without any gravy..

My husband and sons are gravy lovers. They all like their gravy on the thinner side. They love gravy so much they will make a well in their mashed potatoes and fill it for a gravy volcano. My boys also love au jus so I make both to serve with roast beef. Gravy does enhance the flavours of a meal as well. I mostly serve gravy with roast beef and turkey. They also love the gravy with a pot roast as well. I guess you could say my kids and husband love sauces of all kinds.

I am not much of a gravy lover but the rest of my family like it so I always make it. I like it on the thicker side as well. Sometimes it doesn't always turn out that way but it is usually pretty good. Everybody seems to like it so it must be alright.

I like my food wet but not swimming so I always want gravy and I prefer if it's thick as opposed to thin. I have etched in my mind what either @djordjem87 or @valedevento said about putting bread in the stews for thickening. Where I come from stews and gravy are one of the same in our minds.

I like my food wet but not swimming so I always want gravy and I prefer if it's thick as opposed to thin. I have etched in my mind what either @djordjem87 or @valedevento said about putting bread in the stews for thickening. Where I come from stews and gravy are one of the same in our minds

I have never thought of adding bread to my gravy to thicken it, but tnanks for the tip. I would usually add pieces of macaroni, small pieces of potato, or carrots. Okras do a good job too. I don't usually like my food swimming with gravy either, but when it comes to our local dish cou-cou, that needs lots of gravy.

I like thick gravy. I use almond, cashew nuts, peanuts,tomato, garlic, ginger, turmeric, onion to make thick gravy. I like gravy with rice or bread.

I do not know how to make my own gravy and it has been a puzzle for me how these restaurants I go to prepare it. I prefer a gravy that is darker and rich in flavor. Sometime I am OK with no gravy at all.

There are different ways of cooking gravy. Some people like having a thick gravy, while others prefer something a bit on the lighter side. Yet still, there are others who don't care for gravy on their food at all. I have heard a couple people say that they do not need to have gravy. Which category do you fall into?

I prefer to have my gravy with some thickness, although it has taken me a while before I eventually succeeded in getting it that way. I do not like my gravy too thin. Also, I think gravy adds a lot of flavour to any dish, so I am not one who like to have my meal without any gravy..

Not too thick, but not too thin. :wink:

Pork Gravy..jpg

Here's my example of some pork gravy that I made from the drippings from a pork roast tenderloin. :wink:

Last edited:
I like au juice, just the juice from the meat seasoned.

I still don't know how to make my own gravy but I like the one that is similar to KFC. I like the consistency, texture and taste of their gravy. That is why when it comes to eating fried chicken I always dine in at KFC and I am always comfortable eating gravy in this food establishment.

I still don't know how to make my own gravy but I like the one that is similar to KFC. I like the consistency, texture and taste of their gravy. That is why when it comes to eating fried chicken I always dine in at KFC and I am always comfortable eating gravy in this food establishment.

You can also get instant gravy to which you add a cup of water to, or premade in a jar.

But homemade gravy is far better that those.it is easy to make. All that you need are the drippings from a steak, roast, chops or a roast chicken or turkey. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom