How hot can you take it?

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
4:50 AM
Do you like chillies? I absolutely love them. And I happen to know they affect the 'hind-brain' and can produce a feel good factor. Evidence can be provided...

The Scoville scale is a measure of the 'hotness' of a chilli pepper or anything derived from chilli peppers, i.e. hot sauce. The scale is actually a measure of the concentration of the chemical compound capsaicin which is the active component that produces the heat sensation for humans. I like to live dangerously and I periodically order some of the hottest chillies on the Scoville scale via the internet (there are some great chilli farms in the UK).

I'm a complete chilli-head :pepper::D :hyper: and I bet I could out do any one of you in a challenge! I once won a Phal eating competition in an Indian restaurant. What about you. Can you take it hot?

Last edited:
Do you like chillies? I absolutely love them. And I happen to know they affect the 'hind-brain' and can produce a feel good factor. Evidence can be provided...

The Scoville scale is a measure of the 'hotness' of a chilli pepper or anything derived from chilli peppers, i.e. hot sauce. The scale is actually a measure of the concentration of the chemical compound capsaicin which is the active component that produces the heat sensation for humans. I like to live dangerously and I periodically order some of the hottest chillies on the Scoville scale via the internet (there are some great chilli farms in the UK).

I'm a complete chilli-head :pepper::D :hyper: and I bet I could out do any one of you in a challenge! I once won a Phal eating competition in an Indian restaurant. What about you. Can you take it hot?

Spicy food does not agree with me. Just can't get along too tough It would have me living in the bathroom!! :headshake:

A mate of mine brought me this from UK. I haven't opened it yet because I'm unsure of what to do with it.

chilipaste.jpg

NO NO NO :pepper:But I suppose it's each to his own - brother in law could eat a curry that would burn the pattern off the plate !

Ah - Naga Ghost chillies. I have some (of course). You won't need to add much. Use it an one of your curries! I know you, at least, can take the heat @Yorky !

But my curries are exactly as I like them. I'm loathed to mess with the recipe(s) particularly as I cook 8 - 10 portions at a time.

Maybe I'll try a one off sometime.

But my curries are exactly as I like them. I'm loathed to mess with the recipe(s) particularly as I cook 8 - 10 portions at a time.

Maybe I'll try a one off sometime.
You could try something else - make a rub for steak or pork chops using a little mixed with some ground spices...

Certain things I can do Habanero heat..we sell a variety of hot sauces at the deli..ironically, the ones that sell the most are the ridiculously hot ones or the ones with silly names. I make a habanero sauce that we market at the deli. It is pretty popular.
t4DBcCB.jpg

Certain things I can do Habanero heat..we sell a variety of hot sauces at the deli..ironically, the ones that sell the most are the ridiculously hot ones or the ones with silly names. I make a habanero sauce that we market at the deli. It is pretty popular.
t4DBcCB.jpg

I'd love to try some of that!

not sweet like ketchup but more of a citrus flavor and I add enough salt and vinegar to balance it.

Back
Top Bottom