How many cookbooks do you own?

No idea. We have a 4 foot wide, 3 tier bookshelf that had nothing but cookbooks, plus there is a stack of food mags on top of it and the kitchen cart next to it, with a few cookbooks mixed in, plus we have a few in the entertainment center storage, several electronic cookbooks, and a huge computer file of recipes as well that we've collected over years.

I gave up hoarding 6 years ago when I went off to (try to) cycle around the world. We kept only the recipe books that we actually used more than 5 recipes from. A surprising number of books didn't qualify. Those recipes we did use from books we were getting rid of, we scanned and kept. Plus I went through our homemade recipe books scanning only the recipes we used and keeping anything handwritten by my Grannie though they were scanned as well as a precaution.

Now I have about 20-30 books no more. They are the ones I kept plus a couple of new ones. Leaving the UK 18 months ago also helped to stop us hoarding again...

I just have a few paperback ones bought from the local supermarket. I plan to get a few hard cover ones. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom