How much exercise do you take each day?

Last year I averaged 30-45 minutes of either swimming laps or using the treadmill. Plus I casually walk 3-5 miles every day at work. For the last 6 months the swimming and treadmill has stopped. I keep saying that I'll get back into it "tomorrow". So far tomorrow hasn't come.

I have downloaded a fitness app onto my phone and going to get get my weights out ofthe garage and really get my backside into gear. I have lost a bit of weight over the past couple of weeks but would like to lose more so I am going to make a serious effort. It has been far too hot to go out running so I am using an alternative.

I was genuinely confused. Still am.

If you've ever done any weight training, you would know what a curl is and since beer comes in 12 oz bottles here, it is the motion of bringing the bottle to your lips. Sometimes I refer to the beer in those size bottles as vitamin B-12.

Be honest please! I am perfectly dreadful. I can spend days on end with no exercise unless you count walking about the house and walking to Aldi (a five minute walk). Lately I've been walking the dog twice a day (two 30 mins to 45 mins walks a day) due to my partner being incapacitated. I'm finding it difficult - especially in the current heat and I've now developed a metatarsal problem which means that walking hurts and I have swollen feet!

So - be honest and put me to shame if you will. How much exercise do you take each day?

I feel your pain. I also have swollen feet and health issues, and it's been extremely hot here - for weeks. Would like to get back to walking again. When it's hot, I go to the indoor air-conditioned shopping mall. They also have a fellow that plays the piano on one level. You can sit down in comfortable chairs, and listen to him play. The senior citizens with their jogging gear and bottled water will run you down if you're not fast LOL. Then there's always the food court to relax :wink:

Last edited:
I get very little exercise on a workday (which is usually 6 to 7 days a week), but I run a lot on my day(s) off.

Away from my wife and her list of things I need to do around the house.

I've spilled over from the cycling forum :D
About 4,000 bike miles a year, about a zillion steps at work with some heavy lifting thrown in, a yoga class a week, some heavy duty gardening in summer ... I'm still fat though :laugh:

I've spilled over from the cycling forum :D

Ciao Pat !

I got very confused last night when I saw your name on here - I was sure I was logged onto the wrong website !

Very nice to see you on here, hope you'll come back again soon

Bob (aka bluenotebob)

Back
Top Bottom