How much for a burger?

Yorky

RIP 21/01/2024
Local time
2:55 AM
A new burger joint has opened recently in town and I wondered how the prices compared with other countries. I believe that they are 100 mm (4") in diameter.

1704510500908.png

I've no idea. There are no burgers in the towns I go to for shopping.
I'm at a lodge right now and their beef burger is about 4.25 U$, but comes with chips.
It will be a lot cheaper at burger joints.

Yorky I think those prices are quite high for Thai standards?

I've no idea. There are no burgers in the towns I go to for shopping.
I'm at a lodge right now and their beef burger is about 4.25 U$, but comes with chips.
It will be a lot cheaper at burger joints.

Yorky I think those prices are quite high for Thai standards?

I can't remember the last time I bought a completed burger in a restaurant or stall. It must have been at least 15 years ago. I've bought beef patties from Makro since (2 for ฿85.00 (US$2.45) and made my own with ฿12.00 (35 cents) burger buns but not during the last 4 years. I started making my own pork patties after that but never calculated what they cost each.

I suppose it depends entirely on where you go for your burger.If you're up to street food, then there are food trucks and kiosks which will provide you with burgers for about $5. The upscale burger joints will charge closer to $10, but the burgers will be 200gms or more, prime ingredients.
There are places in the centre of the city where they do Mega Burgers. They're gigantic and cost $15-$16, but you'll get a 400 gm patty, bacon, pulled pork , double cheese, grilled chorizo, lettuce, tomato, onion, sweet corn and enough BBQ sauce to flood your house.

At Burger King, a Whopper Jr with cheese is $4.19. Since I'm guessing, it's probably 4ish inches. A Double Whopper with cheese is $7.99, which is a bit larger in diameter and obviously 2 patties versus 1. These have all the "stuff" your picture shows.

A regular cheeseburger, which only has condiments and pickles, is $1.99. We usually get a plain one for the pugs.

I'm a member of the BK Rewards plan, you get free food and free size upgrades, so I looked back at old orders.

A caveat though is prices can vary depending on your location.

If you go to a restaurant and order a burger, the price can be up to $17, unless you choose a Wagyu or Kobe burger, then the price goes up substantially.

ETA. Beef patties only for above. Very few places here offer pork burgers, and those that do are going to be sit down places so prices are going to be on higher end.

Last edited:
I make my own english-muffin-size burgers at home. They cost is about $1 or so to make. Restaurants haven't made much money from me over the past year that I have been losing weight. Their portions are more than I am willing to eat so they are a waste of money for me. Also I can outcook most restaurants.

I pay around $10 for a bacon egg and double cheese burger. Contains lettuce pickled onion and beetroot.
I dont care how much they charge I would pay up to $20 for that same burger. Its that good.
Makkas I think is about $10 also for a kiwi burger.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom