How often do you eat out?

Due to my work, I eat lunch out daily when working and so does my husband ..

We enjoy stopping at our local Tapas Bars for a wine and tapas after work, on laboral days .. especially during the warmer weather ..

When I am off work which is 1 week out the month approx. during high tourism season, I enjoy preparing lunch.

We eat extremely light at night during the week ..

We have breakfast at 6am more or less. At 11am, we all go for café and a mini mini bite ( a canapé or a montado = a tiny sándwich or a sándwich with Green or White aspargus with scaulded egg & tomato ) ..

Our main meal is lunch, not dinner here in Spain, and thus, our Meditteranean lunch hour is at 14.00 or 14.30 to 16.00 ..

We have breakfast at 6am more or less. At 11am, we all go for café and a mini mini bite ( a canapé or a montado = a tiny sándwich or a sándwich with Green or White aspargus with scaulded egg & tomato ) ..

Our main meal is lunch, not dinner here in Spain, and thus, our Meditteranean lunch hour is at 14.00 or 14.30 to 16.00 ..

That is a great life-style!

Me and my partner eat out together about once every two weeks. Its great living in London as there is such a lot of choice and vegan options are increasingly available. We see it as a treat and make a night of it.

Due to my work, I eat lunch out daily when working and so does my husband ..

We enjoy stopping at our local Tapas Bars for a wine and tapas after work, on laboral days .. especially during the warmer weather ..

When I am off work which is 1 week out the month approx. during high tourism season, I enjoy preparing lunch.

We eat extremely light at night during the week ..

Spain lunch hour is from 14/14.30?
Although we are both Mediterranean countries, in Italy the lunch time is from 13.00 (sometimes from 12.30 but not so often) to 14.00.
Back to topic, I like to go out for dinner especially with our friends or only for a pizza with hubby (twice a month). Depending on my work, sometimes I have lunch at home if I start in the afternoon or, like in these days with a lot of adv casting, I'm out for work from early morning and I have lunch out with colleagues.

Spain lunch hour is from 14/14.30?
Although we are both Mediterranean countries, in Italy the lunch time is from 13.00 (sometimes from 12.30 but not so often) to 14.00.
Back to topic, I like to go out for dinner especially with our friends or only for a pizza with hubby (twice a month). Depending on my work, sometimes I have lunch at home if I start in the afternoon or, like in these days with a lot of adv casting, I'm out for work from early morning and I have lunch out with colleagues.

@MypinchofItaly

Yes, in France and Italy or any other City I am travelling in, " I do as the Romans do but the earliest I could eat is 13.30 or 14.00 " ..

I get up extremely early (5.45am - 6am) .. I love the early mornings ..

Anyway, it is imposs for us to go home and cook on laboral days, so if we are hungry, we go out and eat, sometimes alone and sometimes with colleagues & if I am local, sometimes together or dear friends ..

Have a lovely day ..

@MypinchofItaly

Yes, in France and Italy or any other City I am travelling in, " I do as the Romans do but the earliest I could eat is 13.30 or 14.00 " ..

I get up extremely early (5.45am - 6am) .. I love the early mornings ..

Anyway, it is imposs for us to go home and cook on laboral days, so if we are hungry, we go out and eat, sometimes alone and sometimes with colleagues & if I am local, sometimes together or dear friends ..

Have a lovely day ..

Sometimes I eat alone too during the lunch break from work..different hours than my colleagues or even I eat alone if I am in the Studio during a very long photo shootings or castings call back. Only a quick sandwich while I'm in front of PC or, when I'm lucky, a pizza with the troupe.
Anyway, tomorrow, my hubby and I will go to the Indian restaurant where I've eaten yesterday with colleagues. I can't wait!

Last edited:
We tend to eat out a couple of times a month and maybe a take-away a month. As others have said, the cost of the food and what's cooked doesn't represent value most of the time so it's the rare occasion that there's not enough food in the house and we can't be bothered to cook. We always try to go somewhere and eat something that would be a chore / too difficult / tastier than I can make at home.

W We always try to go somewhere and eat something that would be a chore / too difficult / tastier than I can make at home.

I get that as we are a bit the same. Although since I retired there is more time to cook so less excuse. What sort of food do you tend to eat when you go out?

I get that as we are a bit the same. Although since I retired there is more time to cook so less excuse. What sort of food do you tend to eat when you go out?

Because we live by the seaside, we do like the occasional fish and chips on the beach (weather permitting) and we've got a great Thai place around the cornet so like to go there. There's a relatively new place in Eastbourne called "Tuk Tuk" which we quite like too (Indian street food). We often try to go somewhere we've not been before (with the exception of fish & chips and the Thai place).

How about you?

How about you?
We sometimes go to Pizza Express in Alton as it is just down the road and I often have 2 for 1 vouchers. I make pizza at home as well. We have an Italian not far away which is quite good http://www.danielerestaurant.co.uk. My favourite cuisine is probably Asian so I envy your Thai. There is one in Alton but I find it rather bland and sweet. There is a Thai in Winchester where we had lunch not long back as it was one of those lunch time special price menus and we were shopping in Winchester. Its called Koh Thai. It was rather good.

You must appreciate that the Thais eat a lot. They actually "graze" and appear to eat continuously like cattle.

However, because of this there is a restaurant every three shops in the town and also the villages. The low prices encourage "eating out" for workers and schoolchildren alike. Because there are so many restaurants they have to be good else they do not survive. Obviously some are better than others but it's a fine line.

You must appreciate that the Thais eat a lot. They actually "graze" and appear to eat continuously like cattle.

However, because of this there is a restaurant every three shops in the town and also the villages. The low prices encourage "eating out" for workers and schoolchildren alike. Because there are so many restaurants they have to be good else they do not survive. Obviously some are better than others but it's a fine line.

So you are in the strange position where it would actually be cheaper to eat out all the time! Does the average Thai person do much cooking at home?

Back
Top Bottom