How often do you skip breakfast?

Everyone knows the saying "breakfast is the most important meal of the day"...so a question for you - how often do you skip breakfast?

I feel like in my teens and early 20's, I used to skip breakfast a lot. Rarely if ever would I actually eat something first thing when I got up. These days in my early 30's I feel like if I don't have breakfast (and coffee!) then I'm not functioning properly. I don't really know what prompted the change...but I definitely eat breakfast every day of the week now without fail.

The question is can you call what I eat breakfast? LOL. I normally eat a bagel with cream cheese every morning with a cup of coffee. The only day I don’t really eat is on Sunday. I am rushing to attend church and I may just have a mint or two until I get home. Every now and then I will add turkey bacon to eat with the bagel. I know I need to eat fruit more. I am so glad that we are entering into the spring so I can go back to the Farmer’s Market to get fresh fruit.

I don't necessarily skip breakfast but I don't eat right when I wake up, I'm not generally hungry then. During the weekends I make a big breakfast, but during the weekdays I make sure my son has his breakfast, then help him with brushing his teeth and getting him ready for daycare all the while making sure I'm ready for work. What I usually do is make muffins over the weekend so I can just grab one on my way out the door. Since I don't drink coffee my husband makes us smoothies and puts mine in a to-go cup so I can enjoy it at work. If anyone has any healthy muffin recipes to share that would be great! I'm always looking for new recipes.

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day so I never skip it. IF I am sometimes in a hurry in the morning I will grab a piece of fruit or a granola bar or something, but I hate skipping breakfast. I would be more likely to skip lunch. That I have done on more than one occasion.

I don't recommend skipping breakfast that's why I rarely skip mine. If I do skip breakfast it's because I'm in a rush. I have brunch when I wake up late so you can see how important breakfast is to me. I think it's the best part of the day. I love cooking bacon and eggs in the morning. :)

Recently I have been trying to have a breakfast but it's still not most would consider a big breakfast. I am mostly picking at things. I look forward to traveling shortly as I find I am more likely to eat breakfast when I know I am going to be going non stop on the street shopping and the like.

Never. Sorry, don't understand the "not having time/in too much of a rush" thing. Just get up earlier.

Never. Sorry, don't understand the "not having time/in too much of a rush" thing. Just get up earlier.
I get up really late and I never eat that thing called breakfast (unless, of course, I'm going to do the 'Full English' in a hotel). I get up and drink tea. Then I start cooking! I like to be hungry all day so I can taste everything I cook. If I ate breakfast I wouldn't fancy cooking, I think. Mostly, I don't eat lunch either. But then, I am completely mad and obsessive about cooking. :hyper: I recognise its probably very sensible to eat breakfast, but I have never done that since being a child. I haven't come to any harm yet in 64 years. But I expect my lack of breakfast will catch up on me soon! :ohmy:

I get up really late and I never eat that thing called breakfast (unless, of course, I'm going to do the 'Full English' in a hotel). I get up and drink tea. Then I start cooking! I like to be hungry all day so I can taste everything I cook. If I ate breakfast I wouldn't fancy cooking, I think. Mostly, I don't eat lunch either. But then, I am completely mad and obsessive about cooking. :hyper: I recognise its probably very sensible to eat breakfast, but I have never done that since being a child. I haven't come to any harm yet in 64 years. But I expect my lack of breakfast will catch up on me soon! :ohmy:

Ah, that's different - a conscious decision not to eat breakfast! I admire your willpower though. I would struggle to stay hungry all day whilst in the kitchen, and I always try to do food shopping on a full stomach. Otherwise I end up buying everything that looks remotely interesting, resulting in very heavy shopping bags and a very light wallet :ohmy:

Ah, that's different - a conscious decision not to eat breakfast! I admire your willpower though. I would struggle to stay hungry all day whilst in the kitchen, and I always try to do food shopping on a full stomach. Otherwise I end up buying everything that looks remotely interesting, resulting in very heavy shopping bags and a very light wallet :ohmy:
Ah...but I'm continually tasting the food I'm cooking! :D I do all my food shopping on line (except for a bit at Aldi which is at the end of my road). This prevents the tossing things into the basket syndrome!

Never! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Besides my mother never allowed us to leave home empty stomach...and that habit has stayed ever since!

I am usually in a rush to get the kids to day care and school and then get myself to work so I don't have time for breakfast on the weekdays. I find I'm not that hungry week days and can go until 10:00 when I have a break at work and I eat my lunch. Then at around 1:00 I eat another snack which ties my over until supper time. On the weekend I love making a large breakfast for my family and we sit down and have bacon, eggs, home fries.

Not very often ,or I get hungry ,I don't eat again till later on ,muesli or toast and marmalade does not take long to make,worst case scenario I have toast in the car or walking up the lane with my bike to get to the road

Not very often ,or I get hungry ,I don't eat again till later on ,muesli or toast and marmalade does not take long to make,worst case scenario I have toast in the car or walking up the lane with my bike to get to the road
Its supposed to be really bad to eat whilst moving! Not that I really believe that... :D

I used to skip breakfast a lot in my younger days, not because I was too lazy to have anything or just couldn't be bothered, but because I couldn't face food before travelling to work, which could take anything from half an hour up to three hours depending where I was working. I did tend to have something once I got to work or graze during the morning, but since I retired things have changed considerably. I can't eat when I first wake up now, least of all because some of my medications have to be taken on an empty stomach and anything from 1/2 hour to 2 hours before food depending which medication it is and what food I am going to have. With one of them I can't even have anything to drink either :cry:Once I can eat, breakfast can be anything from a couple of pieces of toast to boiled eggs or almost sugar free muesli or weetabix or yoghurt-stuffed whey pancakes, even a full English, depending how hungry I feel, plus at least two mugs of coffee or tea, unless of course I have been up most of the night watching motorsport, in which case I skip breakfast altogether and start off with lunch :D

Back
Top Bottom