How will you be seeing in the New Year

Lullabelle

Midlands, England
Local time
1:19 AM
Our local pub has a New Years Eve party, it is a lock-in. The door is open between 7-8.30pm then it is locked, if you are not on the list you do not get in but if you wish to leave a member of staff will unlock the door, this makes for a safe environment so for the second year running we will be going, live music, friends to spend time with, it is great fun.

We only started doing this when the new people took over and transformed the place to a family friendly traditional pub. Before that we would curl up on the sofa with chocolates and fizz and see in the New Year together.

How will you see in the New Year?

We are going to be having New Year´s Eve dinner up in Cadaques, on the northern Costa Brava with our twin sons, my 2 daughter in laws, my parents, my in laws, our 2 grandsons, my maternal and paternal grand parents and my husband´s grand parents ..

At 12am midnight, we celebrate The New Year with "The Spanish 12 Grape Ceremony" and a toast with Champagne ..

Since, my husband and I are leaving for Italy on the 1st, we shall not be going out to a Pub, Bar or Disco-tec.

We shall be sitting and enjoying our Champagne at my parents condo and have a night cap on the terrace over looking the Mediterranean ..

Happy New Year ..

I'm in Saffron Walden with my friend and we are having our Christmas Eve/New Year's Eve. So - I will be cooking something. Not yet decided what! And I expect a bottle of fizz at midnight. The present opening tomorrow.

Quietly. We used to go to parties or to a restaurant for a Prix Fix dinner. Tonight we will have finger food and share some bubbly. I have my clock set for 10:30 pm - a hard freeze is predicted tonight. I need to water my citrus tree - spray it with water when the temp has dropped just below freezing. The water coats the leaves with ice and protects the tree. I failed to do that last year. My tree lost all of it's leaves and produced no fruit this year. Isn't that exciting?

Happy New Year one and all!

New year in the UK passed a couple of hours ago, I know some of you haven't got to 2018 yet, so let me say, so far it is so much better than 2017 because it has been lubricated by alcohol.

Happy first bit of 2018 everyone, and I wish that the rest of it lives up to your hopes.

Love and best wishes to everyone here.

New year in the UK passed a couple of hours ago, I know some of you haven't got to 2018 yet, so let me say, so far it is so much better than 2017 because it has been lubricated by alcohol.

Happy first bit of 2018 everyone, and I wish that the rest of it lives up to your hopes.

Love and best wishes to everyone here.
:cheers:

Happy New Year to All! :thumbsup:
Just woke up after a long and crazy NYE spent with our best friends in Milano to a friend's house..eating, chatting, drinking and dancing..a very nice party! We back home at 4am...
At first our programme was different, we had to go to Valtellina, Alps, in the highest Lombardia but it will be for another time. Lunch will be to my parents' home and fortunately they live only ten minutes far from me, thus once back home I'll continue to sleep until Wednesday :happy::sleep:

Last edited:
Flying from Barcelona direct to Venezia, Italy ( one hour and a half ) ..

We had an early brunch at my inlaws´ condo in Cadaques on the northern Costa Brava .. Simple, Eggs Benedict with Gravlax instead of Iberian acorn fed ham with a gorgeous hollandaise and Espresso .. A chocolate truffle and a glass of Champagne ..

Getting ready to drive to the airport ..

Must make sure we have all ..

Have a wonderful New Year´s Day ..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom