I have lost my mind!

Stupid thing I do from time to time despite knowing better: putting in too much salt and ruining a dish.

With the salt, I’m guilty of using chicken stock/broth base, which is salty, telling myself at the start of cooking, “Don’t add the salt this calls for in the recipe,” and then adding the salt and it’s way too salty.
Guilty!! I tend to be heavy-handed with salt especially when using Better Than Bouillion base or prepared stock. I have gotten a little better. I move the salt to the spice cabinet until the dish is almost finished then taste for salt. Surprise - no additional salt needed.

I've just thought of one.
I make a cup of coffee most every morning, using an aeropress upside down
And every so often I put this contraption the wrong way around, resulting in having the ground coffee in the wrong end.
It's just a matter of not paying attention, you know, one of those tjings you do on automatic pilot

Wednesday I finally started my first sourdough starter. I really want to do this right, so I find myself checking and double checking my recipe for every step. I do not need a brain-dead moment.

Back
Top Bottom