I need advice!

Poison_isley

Über Member
Local time
9:51 AM
Unfortunately, my oven is broken. I am uncertain when it will be fixed, but its not likely to be soon. Earlier this week I planned on making chicken pot pies. I'm tired and 8 months pregnant, so I cheated and bought pre made pie crust dough. Now I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. I am usually really creative in the kitchen, but I can't think of a way to use this without an oven. Any suggestions or recipes?

I think the best thing would be to put that pie crust in the freezer and cook something else! Why make your life difficult? Cook a stove top dish instead. :happy:

Hi and welcome to this forum!

Since you are pregnant, are you craving pies? Perhaps you could treat yourself to one already made e.g. take away or a restaurant (if money allows). Or, maybe you could make the chicken filling and top it with a warmed plain croissant (the flaky texture could pass for flaky pastry).

I maybe a little late to the party but here is an idea. Make the pot pie filling on the stove. When you are done. Take the puff pastry and almost cook it like pancake. Use a Skillet a little bit of butter and low heat. You can then but build your pot pie in a bowl after everything is made. I hope this helps. Like I said I may also be a little late.

If you have a pie iron, such as one you would use while camping, you can place the dough, then filling, then dough to make your double crust in the pie iron. You can then cook it using your stove-top to supply the heat, especially if you have a gas stove. You can use either savory, or fruit fillings

Seeeeeeeya; chief Longwind

"There is no success outside the home that justifies failure within the home"

Back
Top Bottom