I should have read the label more clearly!

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
7:02 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
just made up some onion-rye scones to go with our leek & potato soup tonight... but I don't think they have quite gone to plan! The dough seemed rather short, so I went to double check all the ingredients but on the very first ingredient (rye flour) found out I had picked up the wrong flour from the flour cupboard and have added 1.5 cups of rice flour instead of 1.5 cups of rye flour. Don't think this is going to work! :eek:

It can happen so easy. It happened to me one day, I waned to make some cookies I had everything but the flour. I had to wait till the following day to get some.

Oh, that's something which keeps happening every once in a while. Give it a shot once more. Also, why not try out something with rice flour itself... Just few suggestions and of course, I understand your feeling at the moment.. :)

I had they rice flour for an indian treat that I made up. Not sure why I did not twig at the colour, but today has been one of those days - like making the vegan swiss cheeze earlier - added everything to the blender except the agar powder and blended it, then re-read the instructions - the 750ml of water should have gone into the saucepan not the blender :o_o: should have read it more clearly - but must not have slept well last night because I have been making stupid mistakes and mis-reading things (I'm dyslexic) all day, muddling 5's for 3's and switching parts of words in speech... hope I sleep better tonight!

they worked - sort of. touch sweet because of the molasses that was added to them to counter the sour of the rye - but the rye, onion & poppy seed scones they were not - they had no rye in them, no onion & no poppy seeds! oh well!:roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom