Ideal guests

Local time
8:29 PM
OK, assuming you're the type to enjoy a dinner party, and assuming you've pinched Bill & Ted's telephone booth and the Universal translator from Star Trek, choose your ideal dinner party guest list of up to say 10 people from all time.

I'll have to think about mine for a while, but do carry on

(This should start a few debates :devil: )

With a timemachine....10 versions of myself so that I can see how my eating habits have changed over the years....thats a qucik answer.

But I'll have to think abotu a proper list :unsure:

sorry - can't think of anyone other than my OH, nice quiet meal for 2. no need for unnecessary chatter, just enjoy the meal...
But I'm sure my OH would come up with 10 names, I seem to recall it was one of the things that he mentioned on some of the slightly less interesting days cycling through swedish forest for what felt like an eternity but was probably only about 5 weeks in reality... I'll see if the list was every completed...

Top of the list would be William Shakespeare. In fact, I'd have to have him on his own, because I'd want to talk to him all the time, and that's not good when you're a hostess. I'd love to find out if he wrote all the plays himself, or collaborated on them, and I'd ask about life in Elizabethan London.

Come to think of it, most of my guests would be from the 15th - 17th centuries. It was such a fascinating time. Richard III for sure - he was supposed to be a really good guy who got a bad press. Anne Boleyn sounded pretty feisty. Not Henry VIII though - he might chop off everyone's heads and spoil the party. Robert Dudley, Earl of Leicester and Elizabeth I's favourite would be a good macho man to have at the table. Elizabeth could come as well, just to keep an eye on him. Lord Byron would get the party going, and he could give us a few poems between courses.

I think that would be enough to ensure a good mix, actually. Oh, if only it could happen!

sorry - can't think of anyone other than my OH, nice quiet meal for 2. no need for unnecessary chatter, just enjoy the meal...
This, much of the time.

However, I would like to be able to have a dinner party with my late brother and my late best friend, just to be able to see and talk with them again.

Back
Top Bottom