If I owned a restaurant...

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
3:15 PM
This is purely fantasy for those of us who will never own a restaurant. I think we have one or two members who do own restaurants or diners, so you guys will have to be kind to the rest of us.

So - the question is: if you owned a restaurant, what would be on the menu? What style and type of food would you serve? Fine dining or drive-in? Burger joint or vegan bistro? The choice is yours. Money is no object. You have all the financial backing to set up the kind of restaurant you would like to run.

What would you do?

I would have to be a small restaurant with finesse and good food cooked well. But knowing what every one says about me maybe a small cafe owner. I do really nice club sammys, croquettes, curry eggs, tandoori cutlets , stuffed sausages etc, I also make good steak and kidney pies. And my sausage rolls are really sought after.
I have a friend who has a salad business, he delivers to places all around town. He wants my stuff to add to his list. I not interested though.

Russ

There's a quaint little town in Pennsylvania called Nazareth that my wife loves to go window shopping, and look for interesting, one of a kind crafts.
We love a few of the restaurants there, so I've always wanted to open a restaurant there of my own.

My restaurant would serve all kinds of dishes that involved cheese.

I would call my restaurant Cheeses of Nazareth...

Hobart legacyHL120-1STD TabletopStand Mixer..png

if I owned a small restaurant, I'd have a Hobart table top mixer like this! :wink:

My town is sadly missing a vegetarian restaurant. Not a single one so i guess that is what i'd open. It would feature vegetarian fare featuring beans, pasta, rice, and veggies in my cooking style which tends to be a mix of cultures. Now this might sound silly but about a decade ago i came up with a concept for a restaurant when i was going to school for graphic design. The project was a menu so i came up with the whole restaurant centered around vegetaran food and a cat named lettuce. When i was showing my portfolio to some companies as i looked for an internship more than one person wanted to know where this restaurant was so they could go. Everyone got excited about wandering cats that would visit with you while you dined. I have no idea if the health department would approve tho.

I would have to be a small restaurant with finesse and good food cooked well. But knowing what every one says about me maybe a small cafe owner. I do really nice club sammys, croquettes, curry eggs, tandoori cutlets , stuffed sausages etc, I also make good steak and kidney pies. And my sausage rolls are really sought after.
I have a friend who has a salad business, he delivers to places all around town. He wants my stuff to add to his list. I not interested though.

Russ

I would quite happy eat in a small restaurant that cooked good food well, nothing showy just a really good tasty meal.

Back
Top Bottom