If Money, was not an issue, what is your Gastro Dream Trip ?

Francesca

Local time
2:03 PM
If Money, was not an issue, what is your Gastro dream trip & why ?

1) The first would be, a return trip to Japan and in particular The Kyoto Route.

2) The 2nd would be, Australia ( I have been to Sydney ) ..

3) The 3rd would be, all the villages on the southern French Coast & Provençe that we have never stopped in.

A round trip through the western half of France, starting in Normandy. It would take a while.

@epicuric,

Definitely an amazing selection .. And quite remarkable in its local eno gastronomic specialties .. ( Brie, Camembert, Calvados, of course the fresh catch off the northern coast, & the renowned Copperware of Pontersson, 32 km. from the Mont St. Michel ferries & the renowned Baguettes worth trading countries for ! From Perch, Normandie .. There is no baguette comparable !! ) ..

Have a lovely wkend.

If money was no object, I would like for us to spend a week or two exploring the cuisine of New Orleans and the delta region. Fabulous as seeing Europe might be (our daughter spent three weeks there between junior and senior years of high school), there are so many places in my own country I haven't yet experienced, and each has its own unique style of cuisine. New Orleans, the Pacific Northwest, Kansas- and Tennessee- and Texas BBQ...every one of them different from the other and different from Carolina or Cleveland style. Polynesian foods that are offered in Hawaii. So much to try, so little time to go to all of them. But New Orleans would be my first stop.

I wouldn't take a trip. I would get my dream kitchen.
This would work for me, too! Then again, when we DID have money for that kitchen remodel, I ended up using it to add a glass sun room to the house instead. Most of the time I'm happy with my choice. NEXT house...

@The Velvet Curtain

Definitely a fascinating gastronomic adventure especially Phuket Island, Thailand & mainland Thailand & Bangkok ..

As I live here that obviously does not suit me as a "gastro dream trip". Another visit to India would be my first choice although my wife may not want to accompany me. Maybe the area south of Mumbai or even Sri Lanka?

@Yorky

Surely fascinating.

Goa, approx. 2 hours south of Mumbai, a former Protuguese Port during the days of Vasco Da Gama, turned The Resort of affulent Mumbai natives, I have Heard is amazing. The hotels still have Portuguese names and the Monastery of Saint Francis ( San Francisco ), was built during the time of Vasco Da Gama.

The cuisine is a fusion of Portuguese and Indian ..

Have a lovely evening and thanks for the participation ..

I'd love to start at Portugal, then proceed to Gibraltar and follow the coast of the Mediterranean all the way around until I end up in Morocco. I'd stop in ports along the way to sample the cuisine of Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, the Balkans, Greece, Turkey, Israel, and as many Mid East and North African ports as I could safely enter. This would take months to complete.

Then, I'd plan my northern Europe coastal tour that starts again in Portugal, but goes in the opposite direction, ending (weather permitting) in northern Norway. :wink:

I'd love to start at Portugal, then proceed to Gibraltar and follow the coast of the Mediterranean all the way around until I end up in Morocco. I'd stop in ports along the way to sample the cuisine of Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, the Balkans, Greece, Turkey, Israel, and as many Mid East and North African ports as I could safely enter. This would take months to complete.

Then, I'd plan my northern Europe coastal tour that starts again in Portugal, but goes in the opposite direction, ending (weather permitting) in northern Norway. :wink:

@The Late Night Gourmet,

Sounds like an amazingly phenomenal Globe Trotting Ports of Call adventure ..

We will have to say hello in Lisbon !!

All my best and have a fabulous weekend ..

Back
Top Bottom