If Money, was not an issue, what is your Gastro Dream Trip ?

I'd basically like to eat everything...every where....

One trip I may try to accomplish is getting in a van and driving around the US on a BBQ tour..
Money is still no object, right? In that case, between my European tours, I'll do this.

My original plan for my New Orleans trip involved driving, which would have meant going through Cincinnati, Kentucky, Tennessee, Missouri, and Alabama, Mississippi, before reaching Louisiana. That's some good BBQ! And, maybe I could have taken a route through Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois, and Indiana on the way back. Maybe I can convince my family to do this next year?

@The Late Night Gourmet

Sounds lovely especially the Ports of Call beginning in Lisbon.

I have an Italian Restaurateur Chef friend who was in New Orleans during Easter time ( April 2017 ) and he and his companions enjoyed it very much ..

Have a wonderful day ..

thank you @Francesca. Hoping that one day it will actually happen - even on a small scale.

@LadyBelle

My husband and I have travelled throughout most of Italy. We did it differently. We selected a specific región, for example: Basilicata .. We sampled and shared wines, baked goods, appetisers, main courses, cheeses, breads, etcetra. I documented all .. We must have eaten in every bar and restaurant in Matera.

Then we selected another región, for the next trip ..

Have a nice day ..

@LadyBelle

My husband and I have travelled throughout most of Italy. We did it differently. We selected a specific región, for example: Basilicata .. We sampled and shared wines, baked goods, appetisers, main courses, cheeses, breads, etcetra. I documented all .. We must have eaten in every bar and restaurant in Matera.

Then we selected another región, for the next trip ..

Have a nice day ..

Matera, the city of the stones...bellissima. I was been in Basilicata a few years ago and also with my parents..it's close to Puglia....amazing trip. We went to Valli di Monticchio, volcano's (not active) zone..

I'd love to start at Portugal, then proceed to Gibraltar and follow the coast of the Mediterranean all the way around until I end up in Morocco. I'd stop in ports along the way to sample the cuisine of Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, the Balkans, Greece, Turkey, Israel, and as many Mid East and North African ports as I could safely enter. This would take months to complete.

Then, I'd plan my northern Europe coastal tour that starts again in Portugal, but goes in the opposite direction, ending (weather permitting) in northern Norway. :wink:

Are you telepatic @The Late Night Gourmet ?:ohmy::happy: this is also my dream about a gastro dream trip! Except for Italy and I wouldn't make only a stop in Portugal but I'd stay at least 10 days...the rest is the same. I'll only add Russia and Lebano.

@MypinchofItaly

The city of the Sassi .. It is amazingly enchanting .. I just adored the hotel spas in the Cliff on the ravine. Absolutely incredible ... We stayed at the Locanda.

And the Sfogliata - the anchovy bread in multi layers !!! Unforgettable ..

Have a lovely day ..

@MypinchofItaly

Lebanon is the correct spelling .. I think Jordan is fascinating and alot safer than Lebanon at this time ..

Portugal is exceptionally extraordinary .. It is a 45 minute flight from here ..

@MypinchofItaly

Lebanon is the correct spelling .. I think Jordan is fascinating and alot safer than Lebanon at this time ..

Portugal is exceptionally extraordinary .. It is a 45 minute flight from here ..

45 minute light from Spain....I'm jeaous!!
@MypinchofItaly

Only 45 minutes......I'm jealous!!
It's about the same flight time from Milano to Roma.

45 minute light from Spain....I'm jeaous!!

Only 45 minutes......I'm jealous!!
It's about the same flight time from Milano to Roma.

@MypinchofItaly

Portugal is a marvel ! Don´t forget that Portugal is the same time as The U.K. so you gain 1 hour ..

If it is 7am in Italy, France and Spain, it is 6am in Portugal.

I have been many times and it is always wonderful ..

Have a lovely evening.

@MypinchofItaly

Portugal is a marvel ! Don´t forget that Portugal is the same time as The U.K. so you gain 1 hour ..

If it is 7am in Italy, France and Spain, it is 6am in Portugal.

I have been many times and it is always wonderful ..

Have a lovely evening.

Yes I know time differences...but I'm jealous anyway :laugh:
I wrote on my first post "light from" and "jeaous" :facepalm:

My husband and I have a lot of Saudade...maybe on September a weekend in Lisbon.....when my husband says "maybe", my head understand "ok, go!" :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom