If you could own a Vintage Stove or Fridge,would you do it?

Would you still Own One of These Today?

• No. I like the New Looking Stuff.

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Yes, I like Retro appliances.

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • I may get one if I have to replace a major appliance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something to Think About Later if I have to Replace One.

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
d266214835b6ab073bd106836d637946.jpg

Here's a stove that is REALLY an antique. I bet that THIS is costly also!!
Hah!!:headshake:

I know plenty of people who still have and use these!

aga.jpg

Wood fired Agas. The only difference is that they have 4 hot plates.

I also be up with one that had been converted to gas (despite no gas for 25miles or more all round). It ran off the bright orange, tall slim gas cylinders and there were 4 of them at the back of the house. As one ran out we would turn it off and the next one on.

I currently have a pot bellied stove in one of the buildings here (my studio) which also has a hot plate on it. That is wood fired.

Other places I grew up in also had them, including one which was primarily used (then) for heating the property (2 bedrooms off the sitting room (one on either side) and then a kitchen/dinner off a 3rd side of the sitting room, separated by a curtain. The bathroom (a later addition I remember going up) was off the kitchen but to the side, separated by the door at the rear of the cottage (the front door was never used). The result was that my bedroom and the bathroom were very cold places to be. But I loved the place and loved living there despite the hardships (which were many).

Another place I lived in and also loved had one of these. You can actually still buy them brand new!

Baby Belling.jpg

Back
Top Bottom