I'm a Tofoo Legend!

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
2:58 PM
My little bit of fame! I recently entered a competition run by Tofoo (leading brand of tofu in the UK). The idea was to send in an original recipe using Tofoo to be included on one of their recipe cards which are enclosed in the packets. Well one of the recipes I submitted was successful and its thanks to CookingBites really because the recipe was one I originally posted here. See: Tipsy Tarragon Tofu and Mushrooms

I was really pleased that they used my original photo of the dish, too. I recently bought a packet and found my own recipe card enclosed!

This is from their website:

fullsizeoutput_3375.jpeg

And here is the card:
20180513_122238.jpg

20180513_122247.jpg

Well done you! :highfive: I had missed that recipe but I have got to try it now! A packet of tofu has been lurking in my fridge for a few weeks waiting for inspiration.

That is fantastic news @morning glory
I may have to consider the recipe myself - though the anise spirit could be a bit of a challenge, Can I use something else?

I know I was pleased as punch when I had one of my landscape photographs published on an ordnance survey map. You must be feeling the same way!

Very impressive! :bravo:I don't know how I missed that recipe the first time round, but it looks really good.

Not really - just leave it out. The tarragon will add an anise taste anyway.

I think I could get a similar flavor with, say, a teaspoon of anise seeds mixed into the rest of the marinade ingredients - refrigerated as per the existing directions to infuse the flavor - and then strained out before using as a marinade.

Back
Top Bottom