I'm Chief Longwind and I love to Cook

Chief Longwind

Über Member
Local time
4:30 PM
Saut Sainte Marie, Siberia, I mean Michigan
One of the members on this site tagged me on another site as Chief Longwind of the North. The name stuck. I love to cook, to learn new things, and to share what I know. This other member (and I don't yet know if he goes by the same name here) has told me good things about cooking bites. I look forward to participating. Nice to meet you.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind
"There is no outside success that justifies failure within the home"

Welcome to the Forum @Chief Longwind! Please dive in and join in.:welcome:

If you like, you can tell us what you cooked today in What did you cook/eat today (May 2017)?
Or you could join in The CookingBites Recipe Challenge (current ingredient is lemons). And there is the Cookalong. I'm about to launch the new one and the dish to Cookalong to will be Ravioli. Or of course, you can just start a new thread or join in discussion anywhere you like!

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, he is in Michigan. That is pretty much middle north. I think he is near @The Late Night Gourmet .
Welcome, then Chief. Go ahead and give me a city or town...odds are I know it. And, if you have a great chili recipe, please post that, too.

@buckytom: thanks for your continuing efforts to recruit for this site. :okay:

If I remember correctly, he is in Michigan. That is pretty much middle north. I think he is near @The Late Night Gourmet .
I just noticed that he's from Sault Ste Marie, which is about as far north as you can go in Michigan. It's so beautiful up there: the air is clean, there are no big city noises to speak of. That part of the state is basically Canada...I find myself speaking with a Canadian accent when I spend time in the UP, eh. :cold: <-- no, it's not actually cold up there now, but it does get a lot colder (and a lot more snow) in the winter than we do in the southern part of the state.

I just noticed that he's from Sault Ste Marie, which is about as far north as you can go in Michigan. It's so beautiful up there: the air is clean, there are no big city noises to speak of. That part of the state is basically Canada...I find myself speaking with a Canadian accent when I spend time in the UP, eh. :cold: <-- no, it's not actually cold up there now, but it does get a lot colder (and a lot more snow) in the winter than we do in the southern part of the state.
Now I feel silly. I was thinking Michigan was fairly small.

Back
Top Bottom