Infused water

ElizabethB

Guru
Local time
4:57 AM
I have gotten on an infused water kick.

I started with a cucumber infusion. Really nice. Refreshing and bright. I tried peaches but did not get much flavor. A strawberry/raspberry infusion was next. Yummy! Both tart and sweet. Cucumber/Ginger had all of brightness of the cucumber with a nice bite from the ginger. My next pitcher of infused water will be apple/cinnamon.

I have grapes and blueberries in the refrigerator - Those are on my "must try" list.

I have gotten on an infused water kick.

I started with a cucumber infusion. Really nice. Refreshing and bright. I tried peaches but did not get much flavor. A strawberry/raspberry infusion was next. Yummy! Both tart and sweet. Cucumber/Ginger had all of brightness of the cucumber with a nice bite from the ginger. My next pitcher of infused water will be apple/cinnamon.

I have grapes and blueberries in the refrigerator - Those are on my "must try" list.

You are going to have to explain this! How do you do the infusion? Do you just put the fruit/veg/spices in the water and leave it to do its stuff? I could Google it of course, but I like to hear a first hand account. :D

You have it right. Any pitcher with a lid will do. For a cucumber infusion. Unless you have home grown cucumbers peel them fist. Quarter them lengthwise then cut into 1" - 1 1/2" chunks. Figure 1 medium cucumber per quart of water. More if you want a more intense flavor. Put the cucumber in the pitcher then add water. Let it sit at room temperature for a couple of hours then refrigerate. It is not "once and done." You can add more water 2 or 3 times and still get lots of flavor. For the ginger - peel and cut into thin slices. How much is a mater of taste. Raspberries go in whole. Cut the stem off of the strawberries then cut in half. I have not yet tried the apple/cinnamon. Quantity of fruit and veggies is really about personal taste.

They are very refreshing. I like Lemon Infused Sparkling Water ..

Shall try the Rasberry.

Thanks for posting ..

Morning Glory - I easily consume 2 quarts of infused water each day so I don't know how long it will keep. I have 2 - 2 quart pitchers. When I use about a quart I refill. Figure 3 full refills on 1 portion of fruit or veggies. Let your taste buds guide you. If the flavor diminishes then you are done with that batch. I don't think you can make a pitcher of infused water and let it sit for more than a day without refreshing it. If it sits too long you run the risk of your fruit or veggies turning funky. If you get hooked like I did you will not have to be concerned about how long it will keep. You will drink it up and purchase more pitchers.

Back
Top Bottom