Instantly Attracted!

impish

Local time
12:23 AM
Hello! I happened along, saw a thread about microwaving foods. Turns out, microwaving happens to be right near the top of our list of favorite cooking ways, my wife and I. She worked years ago for a store which sold microwave ovens exclusively. The stores were newly opened in Phoenix (Arizona) where we lived, though they were located elsewhere here in the States. As the new employee, she rather "inherited" the job of organizing and conducting microwave cooking classes, free for any buyer of an oven. That was the start of a years-long quest of learning, doing, and showing an unconvinced public they should be doing more with their "waves"

I have promoted microwaving on several other forums to which I belong, less successfully I admit, than I had hoped. I welcome the chance to continue here on Cooking Bites!

impish

Welcome to CookingBites @impish. We aim to be a supportive and friendly community and we love new members. Feel free to join in discussions or start a new thread. You can tell us what you ate today in out regular thread What did you cook, eat or drink today (December 2018)? We also generally have some fun challenges running - there are two at the moment. See here: The CookingBites Challenges

I'm also fan of the microwave and I'm certain I don't use mine nearly enough. I reckon they are a misunderstood and underrated kitchen tool!

Welcome to CookingBites @impish. We aim to be a supportive and friendly community and we love new members. Feel free to join in discussions or start a new thread. You can tell us what you ate today in out regular thread What did you cook, eat or drink today (December 2018)? We also generally have some fun challenges running - there are two at the moment. See here: The CookingBites Challenges

I'm also fan of the microwave and I'm certain I don't use mine nearly enough. I reckon they are a misunderstood and underrated kitchen tool!
@morning glory
What I saw of your input about microwaving was what prompted me to join. What could possibly hinder your extensive use of it given your obvious understanding? They are indeed misunderstood. The commonest remark my wife received from cooking class attendees was something like, "It's easy for you.....". Her reply was, "What I do I learned from the manual which came with the oven. You, too, can do exactly as I did!"
impish

Impish, there's a horse here, or was called that , it was good too. Look forward to your posts. I use a microwave lots.

Russ
@rascal
I recognize your username from the microwave thread of about a year ago. But, I do not fully understand your post, "horse here", however, I certainly appreciate that someone so far away would respond to my drivel! At one time in my young adulthood, I considered the great move from USA to either Australia, or NZ.......several things dissolved such intent. Back then, Australia (and possibly NZ also) was so seriously seeking Engineering talent, they were making exceedingly enticing offers of employment and moving compensation. I chickened out.
impish

Back in the day, I was all lit up about the microwave. I made so many dishes - even lasagna. I may still have the hard covered cookbook from years ago. I rarely use it now, but it has its place in the kitchen.

There is a sitcom on TV called The Goldbergs. It takes place in the 1980s, I think. Not long ago I watched my first episode. It was all about the introduction of microwaves. The wife wasn't too happy about it. Every time she used the microwave, all the dogs in the neighborhood would start barking. At the end of the episode, she tossed a fork in it to deliberately blow it up. It was hilarious. Just sayin' A little microwave humor

Welcome to cooking bites.

Last edited:
@rascal
I recognize your username from the microwave thread of about a year ago. But, I do not fully understand your post, "horse here", however, I certainly appreciate that someone so far away would respond to my drivel!

@rascal used to breed horses and is very keen on horse racing - so I expect he is referring to a race horse named Impish!

Last edited:
@rascal
I recognize your username from the microwave thread of about a year ago. But, I do not fully understand your post, "horse here", however, I certainly appreciate that someone so far away would respond to my drivel! At one time in my young adulthood, I considered the great move from USA to either Australia, or NZ.......several things dissolved such intent. Back then, Australia (and possibly NZ also) was so seriously seeking Engineering talent, they were making exceedingly enticing offers of employment and moving compensation. I chickened out.
impish

Lol, sorry, a horse here, I meant a racehorse named impish. I think you would have liked either country. I'm engineering background as well. Structural steel to start with.

Russ

@morning glory To continue my introduction a little bit, I am here showing what I enjoy doing almost as much as eating,
cooking coming in third place. Below, my 1/8-scale-model working live steam locomotive designed and built over a 9-year span while we lived in very rural Missouri. The image was taken just outside my shop, as I was laying down track encompassing 750 feet in length.

img00511.jpg

Thirteen feet long overall, about 1000 lbs total weight. I will peruse the rest of the forum's sections to determine whether more information about this "fits". The pic below, my wife took from our front porch across the road:

1st_ti10.jpg

@morning glory To continue my introduction a little bit, I am here showing what I enjoy doing almost as much as eating,
cooking coming in third place. Below, my 1/8-scale-model working live steam locomotive designed and built over a 9-year span while we lived in very rural Missouri. The image was taken just outside my shop, as I was laying down track encompassing 750 feet in length.

img00511.jpg

Thirteen feet long overall, about 1000 lbs total weight. I will peruse the rest of the forum's sections to determine whether more information about this "fits". The pic below, my wife took from our front porch across the road:

1st_ti10.jpg

I think we have a thread about members' other interests somewhere - I'll relocate this post if I can track it down (sorry about the pun!).

Back
Top Bottom