Interesting McDonalds Pie Versions

cupcakechef

Veteran
Local time
2:16 AM
Japan (expat by way of Australia and USA)
Right now in Japan there's a new pie at McDonalds called the Anko Pie, which is red bean flavored!

I've also seen Pineapple Pies and Taro pies in Hawaii McDonalds outlets...and of course the standard apple pie. Have you ever heard of any other interesting McDonalds pie flavors?

If you could make a pie flavor to market to them, is there anything particular you would choose?

P2340927.jpg

We've had sugar pie here as well as smore pie and mint chocolate. They were all extremely sweet but we're a nice treat with a cup of coffee. I have had the pineapple pie at McDonald's years ago and it was quite good.

McDonald's here often features speciality pies for the various holidays and seasons. They have a strawberry pie in the summer. Pumpkin of course for this time of year. Custard pies certain times of the year. Cherry pies are available in February and in some places throughout the year.
I will try a specialty pie if it is available. Mcdonald's likes to capitialize on their pies.

I am not sure about the pies but I know locally McDonald's offers different shakes for different holidays. I have only seen the apple pie here.

My favorite was their blueberry pie. They use to always have cherry too but now the only one that they have all the time is apple. The rest they keep changing up with the season. They also do the shakes too. Like the Artic Orange with winter and The Shamrock Shake for St. Patty's Day. There are a variety of other ones too that come and go with the season. Never had the Apple Pie one though. It could be interesting.

This reminds me of a pie from another outlet that is a competitor of McDonald's. Sometime in the 1990s, their peach-mango pie was so popular that outlets would always run out of stock. It was a craze because almost everyone in the office would be talking about it during break hours. Unfortunately, fastfood outlets have no delivery system yet at that time so we had to ask our messenger to buy some for us. That's peach-mango pie against the apple pie of McDonald's.

Mcdonald's life here was very short lived. I'll never forget. When they came, the lines stretched for miles the first few days or week. In a few months they were gone. I am guessing burgers were not enough to keep us coming back. I wonder if it would survive now. So to come close to this pie I'll have to wait until I go to the US

We were just talking about going local on another thread and I think this is a good example of making that happen. I think this is a smart move you make a wise use of what you have in your local area or branch. I am a fan of red beans and if ever we had this it will certainly become a staple.
Tuna pies is what I can think of but that is already being offered.

Back
Top Bottom