Inventive Ideas desperately needed

if you can't find what you like in a box or at a restaurant, make it yourself!

At my fave restaurants - yes. From a box? NOT. When StepSon has business in Lafayette DIL gives him a list of packaged foods to bring home. Chili mix, jambalaya mix, gumbo mix. G came home with a package of Chili Mix that DIL raved about. WHY would I use that? I know how to cook and do not need a pre mix anything. DIL and StepSon do not know how to cook unless it is from a box or a can or thrown on the grill and over cooked.

@SomeStrangeMan - you are certainly faced with a challenge but not an insurmountable one. Browse through the recipes on the poultry and vegetable forums. You will find many inspirations. Do not hesitate to make substitutions or tweak a recipe to suite your wife's restrictions. Even with the extreme restrictions you can create tasty, flavorful dishes. Dietary restrictions need not be boring if you use your imagination.

Good luck to you both.

Although I usually eat spicy food, I just as often make veggie dishes which have no flavourings in at all - just good quality fresh vegetables cooked in filtered water (no stock). The flavour of the vegetables really comes through.

@ElizabethB I'm glad I found a forum of Master Chefs, that is exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks for the ideas guys, hopefully there's enough variety to keep us (mainly her) from getting too bored with the same-old-same-old.

Please let us know how you get on. We would love to hear your kitchen adventures,

At my fave restaurants - yes. From a box? NOT. When StepSon has business in Lafayette DIL gives him a list of packaged foods to bring home. Chili mix, jambalaya mix, gumbo mix. G came home with a package of Chili Mix that DIL raved about. WHY would I use that? I know how to cook and do not need a pre mix anything. DIL and StepSon do not know how to cook unless it is from a box or a can or thrown on the grill and over cooked.

@SomeStrangeMan - you are certainly faced with a challenge but not an insurmountable one. Browse through the recipes on the poultry and vegetable forums. You will find many inspirations. Do not hesitate to make substitutions or tweak a recipe to suite your wife's restrictions. Even with the extreme restrictions you can create tasty, flavorful dishes. Dietary restrictions need not be boring if you use your imagination.

Good luck to you both.

@ElizabethB

Agree with you 1.000 % .. Forget industrialised genetically modfied additives from pre packaged spice combinations or dips or anything for that matter.

Definitely worthy advice here ..

Have a nice weekend ..

Going to be controversial here - forget nothing and follow the doctors advice. The current list is not too terrifying and still leaves a lot of choices. Meat chicken rice all ok there are huge possibilities here - things could be far worse - cheer up and simply adapt a few recipes. By the way what is the position on alcohol - is a glass of wine ok - cheers up most meals. What about coffee or tea ? These things need to explored.

Back
Top Bottom