Local time
9:36 PM
Everyone is getting ready for Christmas, and what better beverage can you have but irish cream liqueur. There is no need to spend a lot of money, when you can make your own. This liqueur will keep for 2 months if kept in the fridge.

The Ingredients are:

1 to 1 1/2 cups of whiskey of your choice. You decide.
250ml or 9floz of single cream
1x397 grams or 14oz tin of condenced milk
1 tsp camp coffee
3 tsp chocolate sauce
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp almond essence although I found it works just as well without this.

put everything into a blender, or Into a large bowl and blend with an electric whisk for about 30 seconds or until well incorporated. Pour into a prepared bottle and place in the fridge until cold. Enjoy

I like Irish Cream in a lot of desserts - something about it is just very festive isn't it?

I had never even thought about the possibility of making my own. It does seem pretty simple too - all the essences are baking things I have on hand, and I'm sure I have a can of condensed milk in the pantry somewhere!

It really is easy to make and tastes great. And I have personally made it so I know what it tastes like. Use whatever amount of whiskey you want. I'd go with one cup, mix the ingredients and then if you want, you can add some more. I hope everyone enjoys it.

I've had this recipe for years and yes people tend tl think its something they can't possibly make themselves, but it's dead easy.

Eek! Too sweet. It also brings back memories of those oh-so-wacky rugby fellows that thought it a jolly good laugh to make some poor unfortunate neck a pint of Bailey's as a forfeit for some real or imagined misdemeanour.

Eek! Too sweet. It also brings back memories of those oh-so-wacky rugby fellows that thought it a jolly good laugh to make some poor unfortunate neck a pint of Bailey's as a forfeit for some real or imagined misdemeanour.

As the name says, its a liquer, not a pint or even gin and tonc or something similar. :laugh:

I never realized that it was so easy to make. I know it is really quite expensive to buy. I do buy it during the holidays as a great so maybe this year I will just make it instead.

This is so classy. I love the addition of condensed milk, it makes the cocktail sweet and thick-- great for cold winter nights. When I think about Irish cream I always remember Bailey's and how easy it is to get already, just chill and it or add ice and you're good.

I do like Baileys but I prefer M&S Irish Cream because it seems to be creamier. Put some maltesers in the freezer for a couple of hours then drop a few in.

I do like Baileys but I prefer M&S Irish Cream because it seems to be creamier. Put some maltesers in the freezer for a couple of hours then drop a few in.
This is getting a whole lot worse for my Christmas 'she put on weight again, didn't she despite the fact she doesn't like sweet things' scenario. I rather like Maltesers...

Back
Top Bottom