Is pineapple on pizza acceptable?

So after all this discussion here on CookingBites, I asked myself a stupid question. "What do Hawaiians put on their pizza?"

A quick Google search and I found this Article. "Hunting the 'real' Hawaiian pizza"

Answer: Pulled Pork instead of ham, Taro flour instead of wheat flour, Mixture of Mozzarella and Goat cheese, Red Onions & fresh basil garlic tomato sauce.
According to the article, 'true' Hawaiians usually put pineapple on their pizza.

But best of all, they feature all this goodness on a massive 28 inch round pizza
dsc_0216.jpg

Pizza straight from the oven at Longboard Legends. (Hawaiian hippy-surf village of Paia on Maui’s north shore)

Fascinating!

I am with @Yorky on this one. Spam is 'doable' in many recipes.

Almost anything is "doable" on a pizza. Whether it is appealing or not, is a matter of personal taste. As I mentioned, I don't like pineapple on a pizza. I'll be having a knock-off of Wolfgang Puck's salmon & cream cheese pizza (without the caviar) while watching the Oscars today.

P. S. There won't be any pineapple on it.

Last edited:
A few months ago I bought a slice of pineapple and ham. Had, finally, to find out...

Verdict: I like pineapple. I like pizza.

NOT TOGETHER! And you can't scrape off the pineapple to make the slice taste better, the sugar and flavor dissolves on down into the pizza, and it just simply won't work.

A few months ago I bought a slice of pineapple and ham. Had, finally, to find out...

Verdict: I like pineapple. I like pizza.

NOT TOGETHER! And you can't scrape off the pineapple to make the slice taste better, the sugar and flavor dissolves on down into the pizza, and it just simply won't work.
Let me begin by saying that I am a Pineapple Pizza fan. However, YOU ARE RIGHT. Pineapple tends to dominate the flavor of a pizza. Here is a simple trick though. Grill the pineapple before putting it on the pizza. Grilling the pineapple reduces the amount of sugary taste and as a bonus gives the pineapple a really cool look. Here is the Canadian Bacon & Pineapple pizza I made for last month's Recipe challenge.

Last edited:
Let me begin by saying that I am a Pineapple Pizza fan. However, YOU ARE RIGHT. Pineapple tends to dominate the flavor of a pizza. Here is a simple trick though. Grill the pineapple before putting it on the pizza. Grilling the pineapple reduces the amount of sugary taste and as a bonus gives the pineapple a really cool look. Here is the Canadian Bacon & Pineapple pizza I made for last month's Recipe challenge.

I will give it a try but not holding my breath. But yes, I would try this, this way.

A unique pizza to me, was from an Armenian restaurant/bakery. The pie was topped with ground lamb, zaatar and lemon juice. Wonderful.

Call me whatever you want but what I like on my pizza isn't something all that common. I enjoy Caviar on my pizza, hold on and hear me out. I make my own home pizza with some magnificent Caviar. Depending on my weird "food mood" but overall I make my pizza with caviar and without the cheese. (Not the best taste with cheese) Many of my friends laugh at me for being such a weirdo and "destroying" pizzas, but after a few have tried they actually find it to be quite yummy. Well, there you have my share of what I like on my pizza.

Last edited by a moderator:
Call me whatever you want but what I like on my pizza isn't something all that common. I enjoy Caviar on my pizza, hold on and hear me out. I make my own home pizza with some magnificent Caviar. Depending on my weird "food mood" but overall I make my pizza with caviar and without the cheese. (Not the best taste with cheese) Many of my friends laugh at me for being such a weirdo and "destroying" pizzas, but after a few have tried they actually find it to be quite yummy. Well, there you have my share of what I like on my pizza.

I adore caviar but it does come with a hefty price tag for a tiny quantity. Do you cook the caviar on the pizza?

I adore caviar but it does come with a hefty price tag for a tiny quantity. Do you cook the caviar on the pizza?
I bake the pizza in the stove for around 10 minutes. Place a tablespoon of the golden caviar in the centre of each pizza slice and spoon 1/4 of the black caviar into each centre.

Back
Top Bottom