Is there food you really dislike?

Bitter melon.
It leaves an aftertaste on my tongue exactly like when I've sprayed/inhaled denatonium benzoate (aka: Bitrex)
{Used for an animal eating deterrent}

Bugs. I really hate bugs unless they are concealed in the dish in some way that their prickly little legs and body parts won't stick in my throat, nor their earthy gooiness comes through as the predominant texture in a dish.

Bugs. I really hate bugs unless they are concealed in the dish in some way that their prickly little legs and body parts won't stick in my throat, nor their earthy gooiness comes through as the predominant texture in a dish.
I'd have to agree on that one! :sick:

Lima beans. I can't stand the mealy, mushy texture. I'm also not fond of bitter greens, because of the taste. I'm sure if I used the right herbs and spices. I could eat them. I also do not like he texture and taste of oily fish.

Now THAT is a challenge. It is jelly-like :) It is not a liquid that you swallow and not a solid you chew to swallow. It is between and does need to be 'chewed' but it is too soft to chew. Does that make sense?

You have just explained the inexplicable! :happy: But you see, your brilliant description is exactly why I like jelly.

Lima beans. I can't stand the mealy, mushy texture. I'm also not fond of bitter greens, because of the taste. I'm sure if I used the right herbs and spices. I could eat them. I also do not like he texture and taste of oily fish.

I adore lima beans (butter beans in UK). That mealy mushy texture particularly with garlic and olive oil added is what I like about them. They soak flavour up because of that texture.

What are 'bitter greens'? Not sure if I know what they are in the UK.

Broccoli
I adore lima beans (butter beans in UK). That mealy mushy texture particularly with garlic and olive oil added is what I like about them. They soak flavour up because of that texture.

What are 'bitter greens'? Not sure if I know what they are in the UK.
Broccoli Rabe, rappini comes to mind.

Any green that has had too much sun will be bitter. Certain ones like arrugula/rocket start off slightly bitter, then get inedible.

I like a little bitter if dressed right.

Btw, broccoli and broccoli rabe are 2 different animals. Similar, but broccoli shouldn't be bitter at all, whereas broccoli rabe (aka broccoli di rape) is more leafy and has a slightly bitter taste.

Any green that has had too much sun will be bitter. Certain ones like arrugula/rocket start off slightly bitter, then get inedible.

I like a little bitter if dressed right.

Rocket does have a distinctive taste. I wouldn't say bitter. For bitter leaves I'd be thinking chicory (endive). They really do have a bitter twist. Delicious with orange in the dressing. Think Campari with orange!

Rocket does have a distinctive taste. I wouldn't say bitter. For bitter leaves I'd be thinking chicory (endive). They really do have a bitter twist. Delicious with orange in the dressing. Think Campari with orange!
We can't stand the stuff!:headshake:

Back
Top Bottom