Italian Food

Hazelnut-crusted lamb ribs

Lambs in hazelnuts grain.jpg

A simple and tasty recipe, lamb ribs breaded with chopped hazelnuts, as used in Piedmont region (North of Italy).

Piedmont is famous for its production of Hazelnuts (called Nocciola tonda e gentile delle Langhe) and could not miss a gluttony and original breading made with one of its most famous products.

Recipe - Hazelnut-crusted lamb ribs

Last edited by a moderator:
Hazelnut-crusted lamb ribs

View attachment 21787

A simple and tasty recipe, lamb ribs breaded with chopped hazelnuts, as used in Piedmont region (North of Italy).

Piedmont is famous for its production of Hazelnuts (called Nocciola tonda e gentile delle Langhe) and could not miss a gluttony and original breading made with one of its most famous products.

I will need to google evoo, but I have to say they look delicious.

Hey @Lullabelle … welcome to Cooking Bites, the home of more impenetrable acronyms than anywhere else on the internet. Almost every post on this forum contains lol, FIL, DD, OH, and heaven knows what else - and I'm sure I don't know what they all mean …. but EVOO? come on! - this is a food forum (allegedly)

lol, lol, lol, ad infinitum...

Hey @Lullabelle … welcome to Cooking Bites, the home of more impenetrable acronyms than anywhere else on the internet. Almost every post on this forum contains lol, FIL, DD, OH, and heaven knows what else - and I'm sure I don't know what they all mean …. but EVOO? come on! - this is a food forum (allegedly)

What does DD mean? I know the others :unsure:

I know I know, rudely awoken early but the weather then the nighbours grand-daughter woke up, she has no volume control so feeling rather :tired:

What does DD mean? I know the others :unsure:

Sorry guys I'm off topic.... I can move to new thread if folk want to discuss further.

DD means 'Dear Daughter' or 'Darling Daughter'. All these abbreviations are commonly used across the internet in chat rooms, forums and texting /tweeting really. I've heard it said that the rise of text abbreviations was due to tweeting which restricts the number of characters per tweet. Its also attributed to the rise in use of smart phones to access the internet meaning that keyboards are smaller and its more awkward to type and also that folk are texting on the go - so abbreviations are very useful. But - I remember text abbreviations first becoming really popular when we all had phones with no QUIRTY keyboard so it was much, much easier to text in abbreviations! Also, early SMS messaging was restricted to 160 characters so it was natural to look for abbreviations.

I think I can remember text abbreviations being around long before either phone texting or tweeting existed. I'm sure it was commonly used on the internet back in the 90's.

An interesting snippet: Faramerz Dabhoiwala wrote in The Guardian in 2016: "modern usages that horrify linguistic purists in fact have deep historical roots. "OMG" was used by a septuagenarian naval hero, admiral of the fleet Lord Fisher, in 1917".

Sorry guys I'm off topic.... I can move to new thread if folk want to discuss further.

DD means 'Dear Daughter' or 'Darling Daughter'. All these abbreviations are commonly used across the internet in chat rooms, forums and texting /tweeting really. I've heard it said that the rise of text abbreviations was due to tweeting which restricts the number of characters per tweet. Its also attributed to the rise in use of smart phones to access the internet meaning that keyboards are smaller and its more awkward to type and also that folk are texting on the go - so abbreviations are very useful. But - I remember text abbreviations first becoming really popular when we all had phones with no QUIRTY keyboard so it was much, much easier to text in abbreviations! Also, early SMS messaging was restricted to 160 characters so it was natural to look for abbreviations.

I think I can remember text abbreviations being around long before either phone texting or tweeting existed. I'm sure it was commonly used on the internet back in the 90's.

An interesting snippet: Faramerz Dabhoiwala wrote in The Guardian in 2016: "modern usages that horrify linguistic purists in fact have deep historical roots. "OMG" was used by a septuagenarian naval hero, admiral of the fleet Lord Fisher, in 1917".

Do you think I should abbreviate the title of my recipe?

And all this to get to Evoo!

Homemade Nutella

Homemade Nutella.jpg

This homemade hazelnut cream is made with genuine ingredients and you can easily prepare it at home. The consistency will be different from the one of the classic Nutella, but the taste is absolutely on point!

Recipe - Homemade Nutella

Tip: Store your homemade Nutella outside of the fridge, in a dry and cool place; keep it away from light and heat.

Back
Top Bottom