Forum GOD!
Local time
11:18 PM
Website
mypinchofitaly.co.uk
Spaghetti seasoned with rocket pesto.jpg

Serves 2, Preparation time 5 mins, Cooking time 10 mins
Method
  1. In a saucepan bring the salted water to boil and then pour the spaghetti. Keep a ladle of cooking water aside. Meanwhile, in a saucepan heat the rocket pesto.
  2. Drain the spaghetti and add them in the saucepan with the pesto, add the ladle of cooking water to better mix the mixture to the pasta, serve garnished with a few leaves of rocket and a drop of oil evoo.

Last edited:
Lovely. Does the Kamut pasta taste very different from ordinary pasta? It looks quite 'white' whereas I'd have expected a browner pasta. Not that I really know!

Lovely. Does the Kamut pasta taste very different from ordinary pasta? It looks quite 'white' whereas I'd have expected a browner pasta. Not that I really know!

20180118_110759.jpg

Not so very different even if the taste recalls a little bit nuts..I think I could taste much better its taste if I have a very simple seasoning, whilst having eaten them with rocket pesto maybe it has covered the "natural" flavour.

My fave is a sweet basil pesto. I also play around with other fresh herbs - thyme. oregano, sage, rosemary. I have also played with tomato herb pesto. Also a mild pepper pesto. I usually use roasted pecans instead of pine nuts. Readily available - from my Sister's yard . I like free!

One of the benefits of living in the deep south is very long growing season.

Back
Top Bottom