Killer pork chop!

Scott-180

Local time
1:59 PM
Hi everyone,

This is the first recipe I have ever posted and it is a very, very simple one but I have to start somewhere!

I went to the butchers and asked for the biggest, beast of a pork chop that they had. I'm sure it's small by American standards but this is what they gave me.

full

I followed some instructions given to me by my friend, starting off by patting it dry before adding lots of salt, pepper and some finely chopped rosemary.

I then sealed the chop, in a hot skillet with a little butter, on each side until caramelised and brown, making sure to turn it on its edge so as to cook the fat. then I popped it in the oven at 200ºC (391ºF) for 10 minutes.

For a beginner like me, I was pretty happy with the results!
chef.gif

full

Last edited:
It is really quite a big pork chop! You seem to have sealed and seared it nicely. I'm not sure about the fatty bits. I rarely cook pork chops but I think you are meant to render down the fatty part or something. I'm sure but @Craig or another meat aficionado can put me right.

But well done @Scott-180 - what is the brown thing top right of the plate? A hash brown?

Last edited:
It is really quite a big pork chop! You seem to have sealed and seared it nicely. I'm not sure about the fatty bits. I rarely cook pork chops but I think you are meant to render down the fatty part or something. I'm sure but @Craig or another meat aficionado can put me right.

But well done @Scott-180 - what is the brown thing top right of the plate? A hash brown?
thanks morning glory. The fat was the best bit!
Yes it is a hash brown. I didn't make it my self I'm afraid though, it was actually bought frozen from Ikea!

The cubed ends of the pork remind me of Rus/Eastern European Salo.

Back
Top Bottom