Kitchen storage unit (DT project)

Yes man

Local time
11:55 PM
Hi! I'm a design technology student and I made a kitchen storage unit for my project; could you help me review it as part of my evaluation process please?

Thank you in advance for those who replied!

IMG-2366.JPG

Hi @Yes man and welcome to CookingBites.

My first question is - where is this unit meant to be sited. You show it resting on a kitchen counter which obviously would take up valuable counter space. Wall mounted would be better perhaps?

One thing a lot of people (keen cooks) are looking for is a storage solution for spices. If the spaces on the right included pull out racks (like drawers) it would facilitate this. This could be a good idea anyway to avoid things being stored out of sight at the back of the storage spaces.

Plus points:
  • A good idea for a small kitchen.
  • Integrating a unit for frying-pans and woks, utensils and spices is an interesting concept - it could be marketed as 'wok central'!

Hi @Yes man and welcome to CookingBites.

My first question is - where is this unit meant to be sited. You show it resting on a kitchen counter which obviously would take up valuable counter space. Wall mounted would be better perhaps?

One thing a lot of people (keen cooks) are looking for is a storage solution for spices. If the spaces on the right included pull out racks (like drawers) it would facilitate this. This could be a good idea anyway to avoid things being stored out of sight at the back of the storage spaces.

Plus points:
  • A good idea for a small kitchen.
  • Integrating a unit for frying-pans and woks, utensils and spices is an interesting concept - it could be marketed as 'wok central'!
Thank you for replying!
1. I did mean it to be put on the counter but wall mounted did come on my mind-it's just that I couldn't figure out how to do that with the tools available for me to use for my coursework, but thank you for that suggestion!
2. I actually tried making a drawer on the spaces on the right but then it got stuck because of the paint adding on to the width! :( (it was on the spaces to the right but I had to pass it off as just a gimmick as it didn't quite work as intended)
3. The space between the "drawer" and the left side of the box was intended to just be extra space for bigger items like my bottle of vinegar that couldn't quite fit anywhere else. (it was behind the Nutella, but thank you for bringing up that it could be a problem to have things hidden at the back)

Thank you again for replying!

Back
Top Bottom