KitchenAid Mixer question

Gwydo01

Local time
9:59 AM
Hi all! I'm working on upping my baking game, and with that in mind I've picked up a stand mixer. Anyone have thoughts, preferences between the regular dough hook or spiral dough hook?

Exactly what the difference is between a regular dough hook and a spiral one ,I have no idea because my regular dough hook has always had a spiral in it but I have a totally different brand of mixer (a Kenwood Chef). I know that mine had always looked the same way, more or less but you can't swap a beater between models of mixer unless both are made for the same mixer which is unusual. Usually there are bearings to take into account in the mixer and just as importantly, the shape of the bowl. It often varies from model to model and so do the beaters ,so if your bowl and mixer is only designed for one style of dough hook , that is all you can use.

Exactly what the difference is between a regular dough hook and a spiral one ,I have no idea because my regular dough hook has always had a spiral in it but I have a totally different brand of mixer (a Kenwood Chef). I know that mine had always looked the same way, more or less but you can't swap a beater between models of mixer unless both are made for the same mixer which is unusual. Usually there are bearings to take into account in the mixer and just as importantly, the shape of the bowl. It often varies from model to model and so do the beaters ,so if your bowl and mixer is only designed for one style of dough hook , that is all you can use.

Spiral dough hook..jpg
Regular dough hook..jpg

The spiral dough hook is the one pictured above. It is shaped almost like a spiral staircase. The regular (C-shaped) dough hook is pictured below. One claims to be better than the other. :wink:

Last edited:
Mine has the C shaped one i din't know there was another shape to be had.

i
nutrimill_artiste_dough_hook_-_400115.jpg
nutrimill-artiste-mixer-silver-trim-600.jpg
I thinking about getting one that looks almost like the Bosch Universal, but slightly smaller & lighter. The work bowl is plastic just like the Bosch, but slightly smaller.

It is called the Nutrimill Artiste. It uses a dough hook that looks almost similar to the one for the Bosch. And here it is!! Dough hook also!! :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom