Kitchenaid Mixer

And then I have a blender (Oster) that in 2 years will be a half a century old and it still works.
Tomorrow I will probably start cin's kitchen toys thread.

Ziploc food vacuum sealer..jpg

Here's the one that I have now. It is a Ziplock vacuum food sealer. It works very well so far!! :wink:

We have a regular KA, it's at least 20 years old. One time, I was making a triple batch of pizza dough to make 8 or 9, 10-12 inch pizzas. Well, I stripped a gear and it stopped turning. Craig is one of those people that can almost always take something apart, fix it, and put it back together correctly, so we got the exploded diagrams of the parts, ordered the new gear and the food-grade lubricant. Turns out all the gears are metal, except 1 that is a very hard plastic. Guess why they make 1 that is plastic. It's a fail safe. It strips before you can burn out your motor, which would cost a lot more than a plastic gear to replace. Don't know if they still make all the gears metal except for 1 in the newer ones, but I would hope that they do so that KA continues to be a good product.

Hobart.jpg
Hobart N50-60 Stand Mixer..jpg
globe-sp8-gear-driven-8-qt-commercial-stand-mixer-1-4-hp-motor-115v.jpg
The newer KA 5-qt Artisan stand mixers are supposed to have an all-metal transmission though.

To get a truly serious stand mixer with an all-metal transmission, you'd had to look outside of the domestic
household brands and think about getting one of THESE machines, which are commercially rated.

Two drawbacks though. They are extremely heavy in weight, & they also cost a fortune to buy. costing upwards from about $900 to about $3,000,or more!! Two fast for me!!! They are by no means cheap!!! :eek:

Last edited:
globe-sp5-gear-driven-5-qt-commercial-stand-mixer-800-watt-motor-115v.jpg

Here's a stand mixer that sells for slightly less money, but still is quite expensive! But I like its styling! But it DOES feature a metal transmission & it is commercially rated. Still, it's a very serious mixer for the home chef or gourmet cook who likes to cook & bake a lot!! If I I ever needed another mixer. I would choose THIS one!!:headshake:

Last edited:
KWS Commercial Stand Mixer..jpg

I found THIS one on Amazon.com. It also is commercially rated, costs about 1/3 less that the one above, has a huge 7-qt SS bowl & all SS standard mixing attachments, metal gears & a 630-watt motor rated at .84hp.

Last edited:
Cuisinart Stand Mixer..jpg

Finally, here's a Cuisinart stand mixer that looks almost like the Kitenaid. Pretty impressive & has a 5.5-qt mixing bowl, wire whip, flat beater and dough hook as standard equipment!

Back
Top Bottom