KitchenAid sale

medtran49

Forum GOD!
Local time
3:56 AM
Just FYI, Sur La Table is having a sale starting today with free shipping over $59 plus rebates in the form of visa gift cards on various KA appliances and attachments.

I don't know if you folks in AU, Europe and UK can get these deals or not, but if they do honor the free shipping and rebates, there are some pretty good deals.

I took a look and there is some good stuff on sale . I suspect shipping charges to Europe might be hefty though... I would need to phone them to find out - this is from their FAQ:
Please call us toll-free at 800-243-0852 from Canada or US territories, or 317-858-5700 from any other country, to place an order that will ship outside the United States.

Last edited:
Be careful buying electrical equipment from the USA....their electricity is only 120v so its not like buying from the EU where its just a case of changing the plug. You'd need a pretty powerful step down transformer to convert our 230v to a voltage the machine can safely use, which would probably wipe out any savings.

Well, most of the attachments don't use electricity.
That's a good point...I'd not thought about the attachments :okay: I was just wanting to warn any European-based members who may not have thought about the different electricity supplies coz it would have been an expensive mistake.

I suspect shipping charges to Europe might be hefty though...
Looking at international sellers on ebay can give you a rough idea of the postage. But don't forget to add import duty (2.2% I believe on kitchen appliances), VAT on the total price including postage and the RM or other carrier's customs handling fee. Usually all the charges and fees mean its cheaper to buy from the UK/EU :(

We have a new toy for our KitchenAid mixer. Now its time to see what we can create using the Vegetable Sheeter. Sushi with cucumber "nori" anyone?

We have a new toy for our KitchenAid mixer. Now its time to see what we can create using the Vegetable Sheeter. Sushi with cucumber "nori" anyone?

I saw something like this in action on a TV cooking show the other day. It was a bit like a pasta machine for vegetables.

I saw something like this in action on a TV cooking show the other day. It was a bit like a pasta machine for vegetables.

Yup, there is an infomercial devoted to this attachment. I never watched it. I really don't pay attention to infomercials as most of the products are garbage.

Kenwood Stand Mixer..jpg
Cheftronic Stand Mixer..jpg

These 2 stand mixers look almost alike!
They pretty much do the same things. You can even COOK things right in the bowl of both machines right on to base!!

The Kenwood cost about $999, the Cheftronic cost about $250. Looks like they are made by the same company. :wink:

Well, not as bad as I thought.

$195 for the tilt-head one, $220 or so for the bowl-lift one. Just checked on Amazon.com.

Back
Top Bottom