KitchenAid

Missie Leigh

Über Member
Local time
12:43 PM
My favorite appliances are my KitchenAids. I have 2 KitchenAid mixers. The one I use almost daily is the Pro500-a 5 quart capacity that is a workhorse on my regular breads, pasta, etc. The other is the Pro600-6 quarts and perfect for big batches. Since remodeling our kitchen, these beauties have pride of place on the counter. I make all of our bread, pasta, tortillas, and a myriad of other things I used to buy. I've become a pasta snob. I have the pasta roller with Spaghetti and fettuccine cutters, and I highly recommend this attachment. What kitchen appliance would you say you can't cope without?

20170129_154226.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The 5 quart kitchenaid has a footprint of 12 inches wide by 15 inches long by 18 inches tall when tilted up and with the bowl.
For the Brits that is 30.5 cm by 38.1 cm by 45.72cm.

The kitchen appliance I couldn't live without depends on the day of the week. Though for most used, I would say my slow cookers.
As far as gadgets go, that would be my food choppers.

The 5 quart kitchenaid has a footprint of 12 inches wide by 15 inches long by 18 inches tall when tilted up and with the bowl.
For the Brits that is 30.5 cm by 38.1 cm by 45.72cm.
They are both bowl lift models so you don't have to account for tilt. The smaller one fits under the cabinet just fine; the bigger one doesn't have a cabinet over it.

They are both bowl lift models so you don't have to account for tilt. The smaller one fits under the cabinet just fine; the bigger one doesn't have a cabinet over it.
Mine is the 5 quart Artisan with the tilt head. So now you have my curiosity up, how tall is the smaller one?
Kitchen cabinets typically are not a standard height from the counter.
Though either way, kitchenaid stand mixers are counter hogs. So are bread machines.

Just googled it. I figured the Pro would cost more and be taller. I was wrong. It is cheaper and shorter.

Last edited:
Mine is the 5 quart Artisan with the tilt head. So now you have my curiosity up, how tall is the smaller one?
Kitchen cabinets typically are not a standard height from the counter.
Though either way, kitchenaid stand mixers are counter hogs. So are bread machines.

Just googled it. I figured the Pro would cost more and be taller. I was wrong. It is cheaper and shorter.
My upper cabinets are 18 inches from the countertop and the 5 quart is about 16 inches tall. Fits perfectly.
20170318_144740.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. We remodeled our kitchen last year. We have a Cape Cod built around 1900. I'm so grateful to have a functional kitchen! We've done a lot of work, and still have a way to go!

Last edited:
My favorite appliances are my KitchenAids. I have 2 KitchenAid mixers. The one I use almost daily is the Pro500-a 5 quart capacity that is a workhorse on my regular breads, pasta, etc. The other is the Pro600-6 quarts and perfect for big batches. Since remodeling our kitchen, these beauties have pride of place on the counter. I make all of our bread, pasta, tortillas, and a myriad of other things I used to buy. I've become a pasta snob. I have the pasta roller with Spaghetti and fettuccine cutters, and I highly recommend this attachment. What kitchen appliance would you say you can't cope without?

View attachment 5786

Impressive pasta!

Back
Top Bottom