Lack of notifications of a thread recently

creative

Veteran
Local time
6:29 AM
]I just realised today that I haven't been getting notifications for What Did You Eat Today for a week! I have just caught up i.e. from page 19 to the current page of 26. Why should this be? Is anyone elese experiencing this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Unwatch the thread, go to another then come back and start watching the thread again.

The only one you've this problem with?

Unwatch the thread, go to another then come back and start watching the thread again.

The only one you've this problem with?
I did notice it with one or two others of late. I will do what you suggest. Thanks.

I found what the problem so am making this post in case it will help others with the same problem.

I unwatched the thread and then clicked on 'watch thread'; this revealed that there was no entry for either box i.e. to 'receive email notifications' or 'without receiving email notifications'! I tried it on this thread and it was already clicked to 'without receiving email notifications' i.e. this is the default setting since I have never clicked this on any other thread. I hope that's clear.

I unwatched the thread and then clicked on 'watch thread'; this revealed that there was no entry for either box i.e. to 'receive email notifications' or 'without receiving email notifications'!

I'm a bit confused now - it should have been on the default setting 'without receiving email notifications'. As far as I can tell it isn't possible to set it so neither is ticked...:scratchhead:

I'm a bit confused now - it should have been on the default setting 'without receiving email notifications'. As far as I can tell it isn't possible to set it so neither is ticked...:scratchhead:
To clarify, when I unwatched the What Did You Eat Today thread and then clicked to watch it....I DID find that neither section was ticked i.e. it was not on the default setting so this explains why I wasn't getting notifications! So I solved the dilemma by clicking the default setting.

You have a seperate set of settings.

Yes but not in the case of the 'watched threads' facility - its the same for me as for any other user as far as I'm aware. You could try unwatching and then watching a thread to see if you get both boxes unticked.

Yes but not in the case of the 'watched threads' facility - its the same for me as for any other user as far as I'm aware. You could try unwatching and then watching a thread to see if you get both boxes unticked.
Clear for me. I know I've had to choose which one in the past.

Back
Top Bottom