1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of notifications of a thread recently

Discussion in 'Site Support' started by creative, May 18, 2017.

1. creative

creative Well-Known Member

I just realised today that I haven't been getting notifications for What Did You Eat Today for a week! I have just caught up i.e. from page 19 to the current page of 26. Why should this be? Is anyone elese experiencing this?

2. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

I haven't picked up any problems - I've been getting alerts for it.

3. classic33

classic33 P.O.

Still a Watched Thread?

4. creative

Yes I haven't unwatched any thread! Not sure what I can do....very odd!

5. classic33

classic33 P.O.

Unwatch the thread, go to another then come back and start watching the thread again.

The only one you've this problem with?

6. creative

I did notice it with one or two others of late. I will do what you suggest. Thanks.

7. creative

I found what the problem so am making this post in case it will help others with the same problem.

I unwatched the thread and then clicked on 'watch thread'; this revealed that there was no entry for either box i.e. to 'receive email notifications' or 'without receiving email notifications'! I tried it on this thread and it was already clicked to 'without receiving email notifications' i.e. this is the default setting since I have never clicked this on any other thread. I hope that's clear.

8. morning glory

I'm a bit confused now - it should have been on the default setting 'without receiving email notifications'. As far as I can tell it isn't possible to set it so neither is ticked...:scratchhead:

9. creative

To clarify, when I unwatched the What Did You Eat Today thread and then clicked to watch it....I DID find that neither section was ticked i.e. it was not on the default setting so this explains why I wasn't getting notifications! So I solved the dilemma by clicking the default setting.

10. morning glory

That is odd. I have tried doing this several times and it always goes to the default. Perhaps @SatNavSaysStraightOn can explain. Anyway - I'm glad its sorted.

11. classic33

classic33 P.O.

You have a seperate set of settings.

12. morning glory

Yes but not in the case of the 'watched threads' facility - its the same for me as for any other user as far as I'm aware. You could try unwatching and then watching a thread to see if you get both boxes unticked.

13. classic33

classic33 P.O.

Clear for me. I know I've had to choose which one in the past.

14. morning glory

Ah well. How strange.... I can't see why mine would be different. Perhaps @SatNavSaysStraightOn will explain.

15. Cinisajoy

Cinisajoy Senior Member

Mine defaults to no email notification. Just checked that for myself.

morning glory likes this.