Lasagna and other pasta bakes

Well it was a bit of a marathon as I couldn’t get started on the cooking until 5pm but eventually I got there!

As I made it with dairy free ingredients I went for creamy garlic mushrooms in place of the bechamel or cheese component and kept the vegan cheese ‘Cheddarton’ for just the topping because used sparingly in cooking you would genuinely mistake it for real cheese but over do it and you’ll be able to tell it’s not dairy.

View attachment 112817

The good gluten free sheets required pre-cooking, which at this volume was time a consuming pita!

View attachment 112818

Five kilos of mushrooms cooked in plenty of garlic.

View attachment 112819

In their creamy Dijon garlic sauce, it was hard to stop ‘testing’ those. Would have liked to put some aside to put on toast but it never ceases to amaze me how much mushrooms shrink and I could see I probably had only just enough.

View attachment 112820

Made a strongly flavoured ragu. Two bottles of red wine reduced right down with four kilos of beef mince and plenty of sofritto amongst other things.
Had a taste test (or three 😜 ) and was happy with the result, so assembled ten loaf tins worth, no-one will be leaving hungry! 😂
Fingers crossed they stay happily in the freezer until they’re needed!
What size are your loaf pans? I use the mini pans to make mine. Small/Mini Loaf Pan - 5-3/4" X 3" = about a 1/2 lb./8 oz. each. Each pan 1 - 2 servings.

What size are your loaf pans? I use the mini pans to make mine. Small/Mini Loaf Pan - 5-3/4" X 3" = about a 1/2 lb./8 oz. each. Each pan 1 - 2 servings.

20cm X 10cm ( 8” X 4”) 1llb each 😬 😂

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07G2ZGBXY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

I could (should) use smaller but the fact they are the same size as a sheet of lasagne (so no trimming) saves a lot of time and hassle, especially with no cook sheets.
But they are very active people and generally require a lot of calories so smaller would probably just get me complaints anyway 😂

I use these little Staub ceramic baking dishes for individual portions - this one is sitting on a standard 9-inch dinner plate, so you can judge the scale:

1714226726069.jpeg

I use these little Staub ceramic baking dishes for individual portions - this one is sitting on a standard 9-inch dinner plate, so you can judge the scale:

View attachment 112831
Lovely looking. I did look all of the prettier options (including staub) but they were either a bit too small for my lot or required sheets to be trimmed and when you scale up (I normally really go for it and freeze a load too) anything that makes it easier to assemble wins.

Mind you If I was sat at a table being served (ie I hadn't made it and was the grateful recipient of lasagne.. nom nom nom.. distracted now 😂) I'd take a beautiful staub over a tala loaf pan any day!

20cm X 10cm ( 8” X 4”) 1llb each 😬 😂

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07G2ZGBXY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

I could (should) use smaller but the fact they are the same size as a sheet of lasagne (so no trimming) saves a lot of time and hassle, especially with no cook sheets.
But they are very active people and generally require a lot of calories so smaller would probably just get me complaints anyway 😂
I use the oven ready no cook noodles. I just break them to fit.

Back
Top Bottom