Lazy meal

Rosyrain

Veteran
Local time
5:34 AM
What is one meal that you always go to when you are feeling lazy? For me, it is turkey meatballs with butter pasta. The turkey meatballs are extremely easy to make as I just throw 2 pounds of turkey, some breadcrumbs, an egg or two, and spices into a bowl and mix it all up. I then form the meat into balls, and into the skillet they go. The noodles are just boiled and tossed in butter.

For my kids it's "toad in the hole",Cook sausages in a dish with little oil when about half cooked add some Yorkshire pudding batter,and straight back in oven,when risen and golden,serve with a quick onion Gravy or baked beans ,quick and simple ,not that healthy ,

For me it's chicken mein or macaroni and corn beef. The latter has lost popularity since my son has serious concerns about red meat these days based on some health issues. Salmon and white rice also works for me sometimes. All the dishes can go with a simple fresh salad....I just read it should be one. I'll go with the first one then: chicken chow mein:).

For my kids it's "toad in the hole",Cook sausages in a dish with little oil when about half cooked add some Yorkshire pudding batter,and straight back in oven,when risen and golden,serve with a quick onion Gravy or baked beans ,quick and simple ,not that healthy ,
+1 for the above. You could also try [if you have a little more time] individual 'toads' ie one sausage in a smaller pudding filled with mashed potato and mushy peas [+ gravy of course]. Again not too healthy but most of the kids I've come across seem to love it.

In the winter I like to make a rotisserie chicken soup. Chicken is ready to go & the soup is done in about fifteen minutes. In the summer I make a chickpea & feta salad with pita bread triangles.

Swordfish steak or a salmon fillet.
Easy to thaw out quickly, easy to prepare and easy to cook, though you must keep an eye out for it & check it with a thermometer to keep it from overcooking & drying out.
Then I cook some rice & a veggie to go along with it. :wink:

I almost always have spinach salad fixings so that is sort of my quick and easy meal. If I've got chicken breasts, even in the freezer, it is nothing to pan cook them on the stovetop. Otherwise I also very often have a rotisserie chicken ready to go as well.

In the winter I do a white chicken chili and usually triple the recipe so that is frequently something available in my freezer. I like thinking ahead and having prepped foods in the freezer for those days when time gets away from me. I know I can linger longer at a chore or project if dinner isn't something I have to worry about. And of course, with a pre-cooked meal, cleanup is usually mostly already done. Bonus!

I almost always have spinach salad fixings so that is sort of my quick and easy meal. If I've got chicken breasts, even in the freezer, it is nothing to pan cook them on the stovetop. Otherwise I also very often have a rotisserie chicken ready to go as well.

In the winter I do a white chicken chili and usually triple the recipe so that is frequently something available in my freezer. I like thinking ahead and having prepped foods in the freezer for those days when time gets away from me. I know I can linger longer at a chore or project if dinner isn't something I have to worry about. And of course, with a pre-cooked meal, cleanup is usually mostly already done. Bonus!

Yup, salad also makes a good lazy meal!
It has all the fixins' and also is a good healthy meal!! :wink:

Last edited:
My boys are the kings of lazy meals ,a boiled kettle gives a pot noodle and a pannini machine gives endless hot sandwiches, however old the bread gets,the kitchen then smells of tinned tuna and grilled grated cheese
Or mini hotdog sausages and emmental cheese and bbq sauce

You all have some wonderful lazy meals going on in your homes. I really love the salmon and rice with veggies idea, as well as the Yorkshire pudding. I have never had this before, but it sounds delicious.

Beans on toast is probably the laziest and quickest meal around. Scrambled egg is also a winner.

@Berties I'm always making similar concoctions in my panini press too. It's true that it doesn't matter how stale the bread is, the sandwiches always come out good!

French, Italian or sub rolls with a thin layer of Marinara, mozzarella or cheddar cheese & a few slices of pepperoni for a quick lazy soft thick-crust pizza!! No dough making hassles! :wink: :stop:

If I'm lazy I don't make a meal! LOL I either get something already prepared or I just snack. I might eat fruit or cheese or just use up bits and pieces of leftovers or sides that don't really make up a meal.

When I'm having a lazy cooking day I usually throw together a salad with field greens, olives, onions, peppers, etc., and enjoy it with a piece of sourdough bread dipped in coconut or olive oil. Makes a delicious and healthy lazy dinner!

I have several "goto"s on lazy days
1. Tv Dinners, individual size
2. Family size entree frozen dinners that you can make sandwiches out of
3. Pot pies
4. Frozen pizza.

If I actually COOK I make spaghetti.

Back
Top Bottom