Leg of lamb

....seems like Salt Marsh too is mainly exported to France:

Salt Marsh Lamb
Salt Marsh Lamb offers a unique flavour due to them grazing over the natural grasses and samphire of the salt marshes in Romney Marsh in Kent. These marshes are free from any fertilizers and provide an environment where the sheep can roam freely.

The meat has a richer and altogether sweeter flavour. 90% of the UK's salt marsh lamb is exported to France where it is highly prized by their top chefs.

image.jpeg

This is my joint bt, looking from out the back.

Our best lamb is exported, I had a friend who worked at the processers that killed and packaged. The best were labelled in French for France. He used to give me some, until security tightened,lol.

Russ

No, it's for the lonely farmers when they wear their big, wide wellies. The ones marked with an X kick a lot...

You should build a raised bed garden. Terrace it a bit like a Mayan step temple and you can grow trailing things like zukes or pumpkins on the bottom, flowing out, strawberries and such above it, and everything else on the top level.

Widows walk?? Pray, tell.

Russ

It's an old seafaring term for a balcony on an upper level of a house for a wife to walk while she looks out on the sea for her sailor husband to return.

Last edited:
Here in the UK New Zealand lamb is actually cheaper than local lamb. I can never understand the economics of this - how it can be cheaper to ship it half way round the world! It's not as though there is a huge difference in production methods like you can find in beef or pork. Local - Welsh or English lamb is positioned as a premium product in supermarkets, whilst NZ lamb is usually discounted. There is no discernible difference in taste in the baseline products, but if you venture a little off track into hogget or mutton, or organic, salt marsh lamb then the difference in flavour is quite noticeable. We have a half shoulder of English lamb for lunch tomorrow. That too will be cooked very slowly, the aim being to be able to cut it with a spoon!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
You should build a raised bed garden. Terrace it a bit like a Mayan step temple and you can grow trailing things like zukes or pumpkins on the bottom, flowing out, strawberries and such above it, and everything else on the top level.
We do have raised gardens full of everything from watermelons to cucumbers.

Nice!

My eldest sister has an amazing container garden like yours. There's something to be said about the kind of control you have over such.

As far as raised beds, I mean like using railroad ties (do you guys have those readily available in a lumber yard?) to make entire plots above ground.

If you terrace them a little, you can grow training plants on their sides, depending on the sun.

Here in the UK New Zealand lamb is actually cheaper than local lamb. I can never understand the economics of this - how it can be cheaper to ship it half way round the world! It's not as though there is a huge difference in production methods like you can find in beef or pork. Local - Welsh or English lamb is positioned as a premium product in supermarkets, whilst NZ lamb is usually discounted. There is no discernible difference in taste in the baseline products, but if you venture a little off track into hogget or mutton, or organic, salt marsh lamb then the difference in flavour is quite noticeable. We have a half shoulder of English lamb for lunch tomorrow. That too will be cooked very slowly, the aim being to be able to cut it with a spoon!

Yeah the price I saw in harrods was the same roughly back here in nz. Salt marsh I would love to try,

Russ

Nice!

My eldest sister has an amazing container garden like yours. There's something to be said about the kind of control you have over such.

As far as raised beds, I mean like using railroad ties (do you guys have those readily available in a lumber yard?) to make entire plots above ground.

If you terrace them a little, you can grow training plants on their sides, depending on the sun.

If you look at pics, railway sleepers are 2 high, these are about 1.8 metres long, the wife does most of the work, I'm the wheelbarrow,lol

Russ

Back
Top Bottom