Forum GOD!
Local time
7:34 PM
Website
mypinchofitaly.co.uk
Serves 2, preparation time 10 minutes, cooking time 20 minutes

• 180 g. rice for risotti
  • a spoon of chopped rosemary leaves
  • half lemon (we will use both peel and juice)
  • 1 shallot (or onion)
  • 2 spoons of extra virgin oil (EVOO)
  • salt to taste
  • a spoon of grated parmesan
  • vegetable broth (or vegetable stock cube)

Method:

Start to prepare the classic vegetable broth with onion, carrot, celery. In alternative you can use vegetable stock cube.
Heat the oil in a pot with the crushed leaves of rosemary and the finely chopped shallot for very few minutes (if you do not have the shallot, the onion will be fine too).

Now pour all the rice in the pot, let it toast, add salt and a few drops of lemon. Stir well, be careful not to burn the rice and start adding one or two vegetable soup ladles and continue until the broth is completely absorbed.

Add the rest of the lemon juice and almost all the peel (set aside a bit of it to garnish at the end).

Combine the grated Parmesan cheese for the last 5 minutes of rice cooking and whisk everything.

Turn off the fire and let it rest for a few minutes. Serve and sprinkled with the rest of lemon peel.
Lemon and rosemary risotto.jpg

Last edited:
This is my choice for the challenge with lemon as ingredient but I have a problem with the tags, I can not insert cookingbiteschallenge .. I don't know why...
The correct tag name is cookingbitesrecipechallenge, and you can put space between the words if you like. Give that a try. But, I think the fact that you mentioned this in the recipe challenge forum should be good enough.

Now, on to your recipe. Before this challenge, I had become conditioned to think of certain things as going with certain other things. In this case, lemon in desserts, seafood dishes, and certain dips. But, I love the lemon-forward approach here. In fact, I think this would be perfect with shrimp, but I think I'll give this one a try by itself, since I have everything I need to make it. :)

The correct tag name is cookingbitesrecipechallenge, and you can put space between the words if you like. Give that a try. But, I think the fact that you mentioned this in the recipe challenge forum should be good enough.

Now, on to your recipe. Before this challenge, I had become conditioned to think of certain things as going with certain other things. In this case, lemon in desserts, seafood dishes, and certain dips. But, I love the lemon-forward approach here. In fact, I think this would be perfect with shrimp, but I think I'll give this one a try by itself, since I have everything I need to make it. :)

Oh yes thank you, but I think to have problem with a Pc keyboard key...it does not want to know to click on tag cookingbiteschallenge...:headshake:
Yes certainly, I also think that with shrimp it would be great too! A good idea surely. This risotto with lemon is a recipe that I found out during a wedding dinner of a friend of mine ... the first course was just a risotto with lemon and rosemary ... well, we all went crazy, very good. She had married in July so this risotto was also perfect for freshness. Every once in a while I prepare it, it is a particular taste but lemon and rosemary together have something special for me. I recommend half a lemon because a whole one would be too much and would ruin the taste of lemon that must be delicate anyway. You can also add a bit of creamy cheese, not bad, it's okay. But anyway, your idea is very interesting!:laugh:

This looks like a lovely recipe and I can imagine the rosemary lemon combination being intriguing.

I really like it. And both ingredients are in harmony. I've tried this recipe using pasta ( short) instead of rice, but it's not the same..rice is perfect.But note that I'm also addicted to risotto, so maybe I'm not so impartial...

Back
Top Bottom