Recipe Lentil Salad

blades

Local time
10:42 AM
lentilsalad.jpg

I had fun making the lentil tacos and I have plenty of those ingredients on hand so I searched the pantry and fridge, added a few things and put together this lentil salad. Hopefully I got everything right to make my contribution within the rules.

Ingredients

1/2 cup green lentils
1/4 onion sliced
1 tomato cubed
1/4 bell pepper chopped
1/4 cup kalamata olives halved
1 avocado cubed
3 tbsp feta cheese crumbled
3 tbsp broccoli florets torn down to small pieces
1/2 head Boston lettuce
Salt and pepper to taste
Salad dressing of your choice

Instructions

Put the lentils in a pot with 1 1/2 cups water and boil for 20 minutes or until lentils are done. Put all the ingredients except the lettuce leaves in a bowl and combine. Arrange a couple of lettuce leaves per serving on a plate and pile on the salad. Makes 4 to 6 servings. In keeping with the partial Mediterranean look of the salad I used a garlic vinaigrette as a dressing and it worked out quite well. Except for the lentil cooking time, the salad goes together quickly and easily. Don't be shy about substituting your favorite ingredients. That is what cooking is all about.

Its a pretty salad. Feta and olives are the key ingredients here for me as their tangy salty taste gives lazy old lentils a kick. Adding avocado is a suitable soothing touch. :okay:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom