Living off of one food?

Miaka_M

Veteran
Local time
8:50 AM
I'm sure that you've heard this question before, but: if you could live off of one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? I would chose a veggie burger because it has the protein, grains, dairy and veggies that I would need. I would be set for life with that if I had to. What would you choose? I guess the tomatoes would be my source of water?

I'll have to steal the op's idea as vegetarian burgers are one of favorite foods. I'd choose a semi healthy, vegetarian gourmet burger. My burger would contain tomato, cheese, gherkins, jalapenos and olives. As for the patty, either a spicy bean patty, a corn based patty or a felafel patty.

I think I would have to choose bread. It is so varied and tasty and when I was cycling around the world it was one of the main things we ate all the time with every meal. We could easily consume a large unsliced loaf between us each day, often more.

Definitely I won't go with the idea of a veggie food because I'm a meat lover and would have to be a meat burger instead.

Steak might be my one-food choice because I like it raw, cooked, fried and so on.

I could easily live off of pizza - every single day for every meal. Plus, it can include so many veggies, and I love the veggies as much as the meat and cheeses. It's basically an all-four-foods-group thing, isn't it? Yeah, I could live off of pizza. :)

Irish Coffee........................ it has all five of the necessary food groups: Caffeine, Alcohol, Dairy, Sugar, and Fat

An apple....this is one food that I can live off with the rest of my life..I do love apple and It is part of my everyday diet. It is already a complete food which has all the vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that is good for our body..And an apple a day keeps the doctor away and this is very true and really works best for me.

An apple....this is one food that I can live off with the rest of my life..I do love apple and It is part of my everyday diet. It is already a complete food which has all the vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that is good for our body..And an apple a day keeps the doctor away and this is very true and really works best for me.

I think I would be permanently hungry if I only ever had apples to eat. I always get really hungry after eating them!

Apples are a bit lean on the protein. There are some foods I am particularly fond of, but for it to be the one food to live off it would have to be some sort of artfical, composite food. I would hope that it tasted a lot like a peanut butter and blackberry preserve sandwich.

I could live off of margherita pizza. It has proteins, carbs and vitamins. It is one of the most complete meals I know. I could add some veggie to increase its nutritional value.

If I could only eat one food item, it would be beans. Beans have protein are very filling. Plus they keep me cleaned out.

Back
Top Bottom