Loaf Pans

I went to get myself a proper loaf of bread this morning; a sourdough loaf with pumpkin seeds. I also bought a sandwich loaf.
Bread is essential in this house. sandwiches, toast, fried bread, doggie treats, bird food and, if there's any stale left over, it's turned into breadcrumbs.
Bread sauce and Bread & Butter Pudding are banned. :hyper: :D :D

had a gander at the 'stuff' closet - and rapidly realized . . . got more pans that is rational to explain/justify.
had a cute array of mini-loaf pans - the kids got a kick out of the 'size' - rusted, tossed.
for our use, somewhat larger loaf pans - used for non-knead / std rise breads I do for mmmm-sandwich bread.
the smaller loaf pans "work" - but thence one is restricted to a "mini sandwich" . . .

not a fan of ceramic bread pans - unless preheated, they do not provide the same oven spring of a metal pan on a hot oven plate.
btw and fwiw.... shiny / silvery bread pans do not do 'luv' the bottom/side crust' like darker pans . . .
experiments and pix to prove , . .

I rarely make sandwiches but if I do I rather like making them from French stick shaped bread or round, oblong shapes etc. With larger diameter parts of round loaves I use slices cut in half to make each sandwich.
20240402_173408.jpg

My favorite is my extra long loaf pan.
20240420_125829.jpg

Here's my mini loaf pans.
20240420_125851.jpg

Regular size loaf pan.
20240420_125912.jpg

Not going to bother posting my silicone one. I also have a pyrex one with a lid but it's in use for something else at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom