Logging on whilst logged on

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
2:22 PM
Presentation1.png

Currently using a computer that's not mine and I'm greeted with the above. Showing as being logged in and having to log in. First time I've noticed it.
Just reset the CC profile to the same, posted and come off. It only shows as having visited, not as being on.
Anything to do with recent problems?

If your machine at home is logged on and your account had been used within 30 minutes then it will still show you as logged in. 30 minutes is the CC figure for accounts staying active and showing as still logged on, I'm not certain what that figure I'd for CB, it could be longer with the site not being as active

I had problems getting onto the site last Monday night, cc was ok ,I sent Shaun a message but it sorted it self by breakfast ,I had migrated my computer and all my devices are linked so maybe there was a conflict due to two computers having the same identity ?

The Users Online Now will show anyone who is currently active (making requests to the server) or who has been actively logged in during the past 30 mins. So if you've logged in, posted, and then logged out it will still show for a short while afterwards.

The window allows for the fact that the server cannot know if you're reading or composing something (during which time you are not actively making any requests to the server). So, you can "be here" without actively doing anything on the site.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

This from earlier tonight, having logged out. I'm not showing as being on. The same as the CC site on Saturday. Showing has having visited, but not as being on.
Cb.PNG

For the first one, No, the second one, at home, Yes.
Second doesn't show me as being on, having just logged off.
Shown in Who has visited today.

If you've logged in and used the site and then gone to your friends without loggin out, then you'll still be shown as online. It's not a technical fault.

Back
Top Bottom