Recipe Looking for the name to this recipe

So are there sausages in it or does the pork take a different form?

Baked beans IMO aren’t cooked for long enough, once tipped out of the tin they take a considerable amount of cooking to soften them to a passable state. They tin them whilst on the edge of crunchy and straight from the tin I think they’re horrible.
But once you have home made baked beans with real tomatoes and haricot beans it can change your view a bit.

Last edited:
So are their sausages in it or does the pork take a different form?

Baked beans IMO aren’t cooked for long enough, once tipped out of the tin they take a considerable amount of cooking to soften them to a passable state. They tin them whilst on the edge of crunchy and straight from the tin I think they’re horrible.
But once you have home made baked beans with real tomatoes and haricot beans it can change your view a bit.
I think they're more like mini hot dogs. I haven't eaten them in probably 40 years or more.

Some would call it chili. A purist, of course, will tell you that chili should not include beans.

Some would call it chili. A purist, of course, will tell you that chili should not include beans.
A Texan might tell you that...but also, where are the Tex-Mex spices? The ingredients state it has BBQ sauce in it, so that gives the impression it's slightly sweet and is more like a baked bean dish than chili.

I didn't get the impression that this dish had anything in common with chili other than the beans, onion, and ground beef. And my cousins in Texas make theirs with beans but they use shredded beef mostly instead of ground meat. So no, I don't think anyone would confuse this with chili!

everyone i know calls those " beanie wennies " and put them in back packs for when they go hiking /camping , around here ( Colorado ) a lot of people keep a few cans of them in our cars in case we get stranded in the snow . they are a good survival food . not great mind you, but they will keep you alive haha
A Texan might tell you that...but also, where are the Tex-Mex spices? The ingredients state it has BBQ sauce in it, so that gives the impression it's slightly sweet and is more like a baked bean dish than chili.

I didn't get the impression that this dish had anything in common with chili other than the beans, onion, and ground beef. And my cousins in Texas make theirs with beans but they use shredded beef mostly instead of ground meat. So no, I don't think anyone would confuse this with chili!
the next time we make this i will take photo's so everyone can see what it looks like .
i think one thing that seperates it from chili is that there is 0 chili powder in it and of course the BBQ sauce that IS in it

everyone i know calls those " beanie wennies " and put them in back packs for when they go hiking /camping , around here ( Colorado ) a lot of people keep a few cans of them in our cars in case we get stranded in the snow . they are a good survival food . not great mind you, but they will keep you alive haha

the next time we make this i will take photo's so everyone can see what it looks like .
i think one thing that seperates it from chili is that there is 0 chili powder in it and of course the BBQ sauce that IS in it
Exactly that.

pork-beans.png

My homemade ”beanie weenies"

hot_dogs_beans_110919_IMG_6423.jpg

Back
Top Bottom