Lovely time of year

Local time
7:00 PM
So, how are you enjoying the Spring? To me, this is a beautiful time of year. The air seems so fresh and clean. I am enjoying the cool breezes too. We do not call it Spring here, however, since we have no Winter. However, we can still sense a change in the atmosphere, like a rebirth or something of the sort. I always look forward to this time. It is extra special too since it leads up to Easter celebrations which I always enjoy.

yesterday was stunning here. I got out on my trike and really enjoyed the weather. Just ambled along and stopped and took plenty of pictures....

IMG_2397.JPG IMG_2402.JPG IMG_2422.JPG IMG_2425.JPG IMG_2467.JPG IMG_2497.JPG

Today it is back to rain, gales and storms. Some areas of the country have woken to 2inches of snow again this morning as well.... typical British weather really! Today I didn't even bother taking the camera with me! It's yucky weather today....:rain: and
windy.png

I rode yesterday just behind a storm moving up a valley , I had rain, sunshine , sleet and snow , and got wind burnt , so the weather is changeable to say the least , but as for the hedge rows and wild life this is my favorite time of the year , trees coming into bud and bursting , flowers showing their faces , wild life waking up and finding a mate,
I've seen herons fishing for their food and woodpeckers doing their thing

I love spring, my tulips are in bloom and it's finally getting somewhat warmer, though we are still in danger of frost. Can't just plant delicate annuals yet. I love the cherry blossom trees though, they are so beautiful. Spring definitely does inspire me to be more productive all around.

yesterday was stunning here. I got out on my trike and really enjoyed the weather. Just ambled along and stopped and took plenty of pictures....

View attachment 702 View attachment 703 View attachment 704 View attachment 705 View attachment 706 View attachment 707

Today it is back to rain, gales and storms. Some areas of the country have woken to 2inches of snow again this morning as well.... typical British weather really! Today I didn't even bother taking the camera with me! It's yucky weather today....:rain: and View attachment 708

Lovely pics :)

Weather wise it is the same here today :rain::cold:

View attachment 702 View attachment 703 View attachment 704 View attachment 705 View attachment 706 View attachment 707

Today it is back to rain, gales and storms. Some areas of the country have woken to 2inches of snow again this morning as well.... typical British weather really! Today I didn't even bother taking the camera with me! It's yucky weather today....:rain: and View attachment 708

Where the hell do you live?? My city has nothing but roads and noisy traffic. It's horrible when it rains too because the roads get dirty

SatNav, those are some wonderful pictures, it makes me want to get on my bike and go for a ride, but I have no days off until Monday. Today the sun is shining, it is warm, and the wind is blowing...I love it!

Where the hell do you live?? My city has nothing but roads and noisy traffic. It's horrible when it rains too because the roads get dirty

I have never lived in a city. I can't even manage to live in a town and to be honest, the only time I have lived in a village I found it too busy and too claustrophobic. I live right on the rural edge of a small village (last lane of houses (and its a private road as well) and I live at the very end, in fact after the end of the lane, beyond what has even been mapped) at the start of the old railway line that has been converted into a walk and cycle way (plus horse) between a village and a town. We actually live on a farm with stables. You get used to living with muddy shoes and dirty floors. It is normal for us. I also happen to be a keen amateur photographer. Our previous home was even more rural than here and I have lived in some of the most remote parts of mainland England and mainland Scotland. I am used to not having mains water, mains gas, mains sewage, intermittent electricity and no mobile phone signal. Where I live now is actually quite civilised for us! I have lived more than 2/3rds of my life on a private untreated water supply and a septic tank or cesspit. That way of life is normal to me.

I would live to live totally off the grid someday, but I do not think I will ever get my way because my other half likes a more civilized environment. We do live in a small town with lots of local trails and mountain hiking, so it is a good compromise. I would never be caught dead living in the city, to much activity for me.

It rained today a little but it is still summer here in our place and the Spring season is to come. For me I consider also Spring as the beautiful time of the year. Cherry blossoms flowers all around the place looks really very attractive and I always feel at peace whenever I see them blooming in time of the spring season.

A short walk from our house is an old railway line, canal and open fields. Along the old line are loads of blackberry bushes which are full of fruit, no doubt a lot of people will be out today picking the fruit. Wild and fresh, they taste so much better than shop bought.

While we are picking blackberys wild and second crop raspberrys in the UK ,I love to hear what other countries are picking,just been out on the hills of Zante and they are picking the first crop,of grapes and drying them for the raisins

Back
Top Bottom