Low Calorie Plant Based Sweeteners

Well now at least here in the US, edible products have to be proven "safe" before they can be sold.

But see my comment above.... it is almost impossible to prove a new product is completely safe for human consumption due to the inherent problems of control testing on human subjects.

But see my comment above.... it is almost impossible to prove a new product is completely safe for human consumption due to the inherent problems of control testing on human subjects.
Hence, the need for guinea pigs that believe the hype.

probably harmles
I rest my case
Well now at least here in the US, edible products have to be proven "safe" before they can be sold.
But hey, if one believes all the hype about how much better these sweeteners are than sugar, why not get recipes from the source. It isn't my life they are risking.
And you really don't want my opinion on diet/low calorie foods.
I agree but I just don't quite trust the manufacturers - the list of 'proven' safe is a long and not exactly smooth one. I still don't really see the point TBH and if these sweeteners start to be widely used it may well be my [and your] life they put at risk. Ordinary sugar is relatively cheap and it's effects [by now] well known, is it not just simpler to cut down on ordinary sugar intake rather than take up a whole new 'wonder food' [although it might not appeal to the more 'trendy' types].
As for your opinion on diet/low calorie foods - yes we do - you might be surprised how many agree.

I use mostly erythritol because it's natural and it's an antioxidant so it's actually good for you. The only problem is that it has a minty aftertaste so it doesn't work in everything. Sometimes I'll eat stuff with xylitol in it but rarely. And you can totally bake with most of these. One time I made a xylitol cheesecake! lol

Back
Top Bottom