Low carb cooking

zenazang

Local time
4:43 AM
Any low carb cooking ideas?
Female, 28, Maryland

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the best kind of bread to use that’s low carb?
We eat this, 18g of carbs in two slices:

Sara Lee Corp

Here are some low-carb cooking ideas that you can try:
  1. Grilled or baked chicken or fish with a side of steamed or roasted vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, or green beans.
  2. Salad with a variety of greens, topped with grilled chicken or shrimp, nuts, and a vinaigrette dressing.
  3. Stir-fry made with low-carb vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, and bell peppers, and your choice of protein, such as chicken, shrimp, or tofu.
  4. Cauliflower rice bowls with grilled or stir-fried chicken or shrimp and a variety of low-carb vegetables like zucchini, carrots, and mushrooms.
  5. Zucchini noodles with a tomato-based sauce, ground meat, and cheese, or a creamy garlic and mushroom sauce.
  6. Grilled or baked salmon with a side of roasted asparagus or green beans and a lemon butter sauce.
  7. Portobello mushroom burgers topped with cheese, avocado, and bacon.
  8. Egg-based dishes such as omelets filled with vegetables and cheese, or frittatas with vegetables, cheese, and meats.
Remember, it's important to watch portion sizes and limit your intake of added sugars, processed foods, and high-carb ingredients like potatoes, bread, and rice.

I don't follow keto, but I've found a number of good low-carb recipes by searching online. They do a pizza crust that's made of almond flour and mozzarella.

I get the low carb or carb-zero tortillas from the grocery store. They also sell cheese wraps in the dairy case. If you like to bake, sourdough is a good option because the fermentation process removes some of the sugar from the bread.

Turn sandwiches into salads. I've done burger bowls, with all the meat, cheese, veggies, and condiments you would eat on a burger, but in a salad instead of on bread. Lettuce wraps are just weird and messy for me, but a lot of people like them. I've heard raw collard greens make a great wrap but I haven't tried that yet.

Back
Top Bottom