1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Low Carb idea's with strawberry Sirup. HELP ME OUT

Discussion in 'Free From and Special Diets' started by Robberdierob, May 18, 2017.

1. Robberdierob

Robberdierob Member

Hello you all,

I am looking for recipe's where I can use strawberry sirup as an ingredient. So i am NOT looking for ' you can put it on pancakes or icecream. I've come up with that so far but i am actually looking for recipes like soufle's, cookies etc that are low carb/healthy and that use strawberry sirup as an ingredient.

Please help me out. I would bee sooooo happy!

2. Cinisajoy

Cinisajoy Senior Member

I see google was no help whatsoever. I can't say I have seen any recipes that use strawberry syrup. I have an idea. You might try looking for recipes that use chocolate syrup and if it is feasible substitute strawberry.

*I did find a dozen recipes on how to make the syrup. I used the American spelling.

3. Robberdierob

Robberdierob Member

thank you so much for your reply! i had the exact same. at least i know how to make the syrup myself now.... I did find some things but what i'm looking for is just not from this earth haha. low carb, low cal, low fat, low sugar, easy to make, with sirup as an ingredient and still tasty. hahah who came up with this.....

the choco syrup thing aint helping as well since the company launches both a strawberry and chocolate syrup... I could make plenty of things with that but strawberry is just a totally different taste to combine things with. :(

4. creative

creative Well-Known Member

Strawberry ripple icecream e.g. where you make a vanilla ice cream, drizzle the syrup through it, stir it in a little with a skewer. I guess you can make it as yogurt icecream. (I always associate so many lows in food, e.g. low carb, low fat etc as low/no fun!) [​IMG]

5. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

You could make a cake combining the syrup into the mix in place of sugar, perhaps.

6. Robberdierob

Robberdierob Member

Yes i thought about that. Thing is that its super complicated to make a cake that is low in carbs, fat, calories ánd sugar. If you have a recipe for that please let me know. Oh and GlutenFree would be appreciated. :)

7. morning glory

Sorry - I forgot the bit about low carbs, cals and sugar! Isn't the strawberry syrup made with sugar?

8. Robberdierob

Robberdierob Member

No the company i work for made syrups that are carb,sugar and fat free and only 6 kcal per 100 gr. :)

9. morning glory

What are they using - plant based sweeteners?

10. Robberdierob

Robberdierob Member

Yes! sucralose as sweetener.

11. morning glory

OK. But Sucralose is made from sugar, I think?

12. Cinisajoy

Cinisajoy Senior Member

Yes according to a quick Google.

13. Robberdierob

Robberdierob Member

I guess i don't make and produce the products myself. I only know that sucralose is a no calorie sugar so it adds taste but no calories to your product