classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
6:14 AM
20130523-253575-PeaSoup-thumb-625xauto-328663.jpg

Ingredients
Rind of 1/2 lemon, pith removed
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 small onion, finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
1 medium shallot, minced (about 1/4 cup)
Kosher salt
10 ounces (about 1 1/2 cups) fresh or frozen sweet peas
2 cups homemade or store-bought low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock
2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh mint
1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Grana Padano
Freshly ground black pepper

Directions
  1. Place lemon rind in shallow pan and cover with cold water. Bring to a simmer, and then pour out water. Repeat once more, then set lemon rinds aside.
  2. Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat. Add onions, shallots, and a pinch of salt and cook until softened and translucent, 5 to 6 minutes. Add peas to saucepan and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add lemon rinds and stock and bring to a boil. Immediately remove from the heat and stir in mint.
  3. Let cool slightly, 5 to 10 minutes, then blend in blender or food processor until smooth. Add Parmesan and blend again. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or chill for later use. Reheat in microwave until warm.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/...g-pea-soup-shallot-lemon-parmesan-recipe.html

I like the use of lemon rinds in the is pea soup. I often put lemon in red lentil soup and I can imagine it might have a similar affect. I wonder why its called 'make ahead' - surely all soups can be made ahead! :)

I like the use of lemon rinds in the is pea soup. I often put lemon in red lentil soup and I can imagine it might have a similar affect. I wonder why its called 'make ahead' - surely all soups can be made ahead! :)
Make it appear in the wrong place so it stands out?

Hmmm..what about preserved lemon? Yes, I think I'll have to try that.

Back
Top Bottom