Mars recalls

Am I bothered? Well, as almost never eat chocolate then no - the affected products are in a small window and its a precautionary measure:

Products including Galaxy Milk 200g bars, Minstrel 118g pouches and Maltesers Teasers 35g bars with best-before dates of 6 May 2018 and 13 May 2018 are affected. Other products included in the recall include Galaxy Milk 4x42g multipacks and Galaxy Counters 78g and 112g pouches with the 6 May 2018 and 13 May 2018 best-before dates.

What I don't really understand is how salmonella can be present. I thought it was killed off by cooking? In which parts of the product is it present, I wonder?

Off topic... no wonder minstrels look like M&M's. Same company.

And MG, Salmonella is common in foods like sour cream, so depending on where it came from cooking won't kill it.

Am I bothered? Well, as almost never eat chocolate then no - the affected products are in a small window and its a precautionary measure:

What I don't really understand is how salmonella can be present. I thought it was killed off by cooking? In which parts of the product is it present, I wonder?
Can be introduced after production, as has happened before. Or down to the fat and sugar in the chocolate giving an ideal feeding ground. The fat protects, the sugar feeds. Both help it survive in the gut.

Last time Cadburys had a scare, once over they started selling big bars if chocolate for £1.00 :thumbsup: wouldn't want my husband to waste away from lack of chocolate :wink:

Back
Top Bottom