McDonalds around the world

Sausage & Egg McMuffin is one of my go-to hangover cures. In Singapore the sausage patty is actually made with chicken so that it's Halal.

I came to hate chicken sausage during my 5 years in Malaysia. And turkey bacon!

I came to hate chicken sausage during my 5 years in Malaysia. And turkey bacon!

Turkey bacon is horrible. My sister eats that nasty stuff. Turkey/chicken sausage doesn't work for me, either.

If your religion has food restrictions, become a Lutheran. I grew up Lutheran, and Lutherans eat everything, and wash it down with beer. :cheers:

CD

In Germany they sell mcrib all year around and the themed burgers are mostly influenced by Bavarian culture. Google for "McDonalds hüttengaudi" of you would like to see. Once the tried to sell Currywurst, but nobody liked it.

Turkey bacon is horrible. My sister eats that nasty stuff. Turkey/chicken sausage doesn't work for me, either.

If your religion has food restrictions, become a Lutheran. I grew up Lutheran, and Lutherans eat everything, and wash it down with beer. :cheers:

CD

Back in the 90s I lived in the Shangris-La Hotel in Kuala Lumpur. One day I was carrying a bread stick from the hotel bakery across the reception area to the lifts. The manager spotted me and asked me about the bread. "I'm taking it to my room to make a sandwich". "Why don't you ask the bakery to make the sandwich for you?" "The bakery don't have any ham". "Don't let Fauziah (the floor room attendant) know that you have ham in your minibar!", he said jokingly; although it was apparent that he was serious.

If I remember correctly, I think the McD’s in France sell little sugary doughnuts. We don’t have those here in the US (that I know of).

I eat at McD’s once a week, either a regular double hamburger and large fries or a regular cheeseburger and large fries. The fries are free through the app.

Me and my friends had a McDonalds phase 10 years ago, since then I'm visiting McDonalds only when there's no other option. We ate a lot of chicken burgers and cheese burgers.

I've never eaten McD's anywhere in the world other than the US. It just doesn't cross my mind to eat American fast food in other countries.

CD
I eat it because it's cheap 😂 back before the pandemic I was traveling a lot, and staying in hostels, and eating cheap, and I'm picky so McDonald's was always a safe option

I've never eaten McD's anywhere in the world other than the US. It just doesn't cross my mind to eat American fast food in other countries.

CD
When I lived in Italy for a few years, we would occasionally go into the one down from the Spanish Steps in Rome. It was an hour train ride from home. . I also frequented an Irish Pub just a few blocks away from there called The Fiddler’s Elbow. It was nice to be in a room full of English speaking people once and a while.

When I lived in Italy for a few years, we would occasionally go into the one down from the Spanish Steps in Rome.
When we lived in the UK, our house the first half of the time wasn’t near a McD’s, so whenever we’d go to London for the weekend, we’d always hit that, Arby’s, and Dunkin Doughnuts.

When we moved to the other side of the country, to a different air base, there was a McD’s right outside the front gate, and a BK and a Popeye’s on the base.

Traveling, I remember eating at a McD’s in Switzerland and marveling that a burger cost something like $20K (ok, that’s an exaggeration, but it wasn’t cheap), and we ate at a Pizza Hut in Sweden once.

Back
Top Bottom